Varablies

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Varablies

Postby adivawoman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 pm

I appoligize if this has already been posted. I read all 10000 posts didnt see it but by then I was over whelmed.

I have the freeware version of AdventureMaker and this is my first game so Im baby new to all this.

I have an item (key) which appears early in the game (frame 1). It is used on a padlock which is ( frame 2) which appears early in the game. However I don't want it to be used untill an event happens ( frame 7 is opened) no item will be taken, no icon will appear. Frame 7 is not opened untill other items are discovered and used. I have tried imputing variabile 1. Ive tried diffrent variables but the darn key always opened the padlock. Im still confused about this variable stuff. So how do I prevent the key from opening the lock untill frame 7 appears ?
Also, Candle I'm worried about your squirrel. Have you considered rehab for him?
thank you
Alice
adivawoman

Postby binhotinto » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm

My english is not so good but let me see if I understood, you want that the key only works in the padloack after we pass the frame 7. If this is your problem tou can go to the padlock hotspot properties and go to the variables "the hotspot must be enable, only when bla bla bla" create a variable and put into "the value of the variable is 1", by this way the hotspot will be disable.
Now go to hotspot that makes you go to the frame 7 and in the variables "change the value of one variable ...." use the same variable that you used in hostpot padlock in the "variables the value of witch must became 1" this way the padlock hotspot will only be active when you enter frame 7.
binhotinto

Postby adivawoman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 am

Binhotinto
Thank you... got it.
Peace,
alice
adivawoman

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion