TextBoxes

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

TextBoxes

Postby Imad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 am

I was wanting to know if you have a way of wrapping text inside a textbox... without using the VBCrLF? I find it quite frustrating having to count the number of words to decide were to place this into my VBScript.

I'd love to easily have a multiline property that would enable all my text to wrap nicely. Do you experience the same frustration?

:shock: Look forward to hearing your response to this query!
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 am

TextboxObject(1).Multiline=True

This is the command that enables the multiline property of a VB textbox. However, it won't place the text in the next line if there are scrollbars for the text. And that's a flexibility problem of VB itself, not AM
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Re: Multiline Textboxes

Postby Imad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Thank you lyberdoggy... for the information regarding using the Multiline method. I'll try it out. :)

Enjoying playing in AM. Was wondering do you know the procedure of upgrading from non-commercial to commercial status... with regard to using AM
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 pm

To upgrade from non-commercial to commercial, go to
http://www.adventuremaker.com/register.htm
Then click the "online store".

Choose the your upgrade. If you are using a v4.x version of AM (with non-commercial license), choose:

UPGRADE
From "for non-commercial use" to "for commercial use"
Upgrade from Adventure Maker v4.x Full Edition for non-commercial use to Adventure Maker v4.x Full Edition for commercial use
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

TEXTBOXES AND MULTILINE

Postby Imad » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing problems with creating the TextBoxObject in my VBScript. I keep on getting an error message saying "Cannot Create this property during runtime." I tried with your code snippet though still find the problem persisting. Would you be able to post a tried and tested code snippet that creates and provides the Multiline property.

The same error message pops up when my code runs the scrollbar property.

Thank you for all the wonderful advice. I'm so grateful to have the sense of community that goes with AM. I'd really appreciate some advice on how to solve this problem. :oops:
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:00 am

Hmmm.... Cannot create during runtime..
That means you have set your code to change the property during runtime.
That's not right
Put the code in the "Advanced" of the Frame's Properties, not a hotspot...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

RE: TEXTBOXES -MULTILINE PROP

Postby Imad » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 am

:D THANKS: Lyberdoggy. I will try that out as soon as I'm able to. I truly appreciate your great feed-back. Always find your knowledge insightful, and helpful. Most Appreciated! I'll come back to you as to the outcome of trying to add my code to the Advanced section of the frame properties. :lol:

I'm also interested in how to link my AM to a Sequential or text file. Is this possible... to get that little bit of a Database within AM? I'm just considering the prospect of making a question and answer programme that would enrich the students I teach. I thought having some type of repository -of questions and answers more helpful... rather than hard-coding them into AM. :!:
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 am

Well thanks... :oops:

Anyway... You want a database that will be opened (and edited?) by AM...
As far as I am concerned it could happen in VB through OLE objects, but we 're talking AM and easily-done stuff, so you 'd better use the Write/Read INI command and have your DB stored in an INI.

Here's a tutorial about storing names and scores in INI files like in a database... Try modifing the code to fit your needs and just ask if you encounter any problems with it... :)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion