Vote your most wanted feature

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What feature would make Adventure Maker a killer app?

A. Export games to DVD Video
6%
B. Export games to XBox 360
12%
C. Export games to PDA
2%
D. Export games to Vista Gadgets
No votes
E. Export games to HTML to play in web browser
21%
F. Sound support for PSP games
11%
G. Javascript support for PSP games
1%
H. More versatile plugins system
3%
I. Support for Javascript in addition to VBScript
2%
J. Cubic panorama plugin
12%
K. Improved 3rd person plugin
13%
L. Revamped user interface
6%
M. Greater stability and fewer bugs
7%
N. Android Support
3%

Total votes : 99

Postby LindaCat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:47 am

To Tribalxdude:
Most of what you want is above me, however regarding hotspots (horspot with images): Life would be SO MUCH EASIER if these could be .png! With transparent backgrounds it would be a dream to place them. :)
LindaCat

Postby GameKitty » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:20 pm

Definitely HTML. I run an online games site and I would love to contribute some games of my own! LindaCat is right, though, PNG would be fantastic!

Looks like the majority of people want HTML so I think that should win. :) hehe
GameKitty

Postby Candle » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forums GameKitty.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby GameKitty » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:48 am

Thanks!

What is the time frame on the new feature? I noticed it's been almost a year of voting. Just curious. :)
GameKitty

Postby wezyap » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:50 am

I would like the option to use images (jpg, gif, png) instead/in addition to ico files to represent items in the inventory, also support for transparent png and mng files would be nice. also a option when you compile a release to put all the game resources into a zip/rar/whatever archive with the possibility to add a password on that archive, also a polygon option when making hotspot, so i can make non rectangular hotspots, better npc support.
wezyap

Transparency

Postby Walter » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:39 pm

I would like to see the following feature(s):

1) Import a picture (gif, jpg...).
Pick a transparent color (Seen with Visionaire).

2) Access via VB to dialogs created with dialog wizard. Loading text from ini-files works really great and makes changes really easy - by the way, is there a way to access the tooltips which appear in the inventory?.

3) Not only drag&drop items from the inventory, but creating some sort of event by clicking on them which results in a message, a video, a change of cursor without holding down the mouse button - you have to click again on a hotspot and decide the appopriate reaction etc.

4) Support of higher resolutions.

5) Integration of useful plugins like ShadowHunter's EZTalk or KeyGuard into the main program.
Walter

Postby mhs12grade1992 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Oh I wonder why GM-Support took so long time not implement new version 4.3 since over a year. Now I can see those features voting that cause delay in implement of Adventure Maker.

Of course I recommend for PSP and Playstation 3.
However, I am able to make one on Nintendo DS, PSP and Playstation 3 if I use HTML and Javascript web design files.
mhs12grade1992

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:47 pm

GM,

Support for the XBox 360 would be great because of XBox Live Arcade. Many small games can be sold there.

Transparent bmp sprites would be great. DAZ Studio uses them for animations and it is free.

Game editor (Another game maker type) uses that feature and it is one of the best for animations. AM would benefit from that. Especially if we could control the frames per second, like the later does.

In addition, what I would wish for the most are the four following things.

1. I would love to have a deeper conversation editor. One that would be similar to Bioware's Neverwinter Nights RPG game. (If you have access to that game, check it out in its game editor.) Maybe I am too new to AM to know its full potential. However, in NWN we can script events on any dialogue nods in the "text appears when" and in the "actions taken" events. This system alone makes for powerful and deep conversations.

2. Choosing the size of the fonts for the conversations would also be great.

3. Being able to customize the inventory interface and maybe add some sort of character sheet if the game uses characters.

4. A better way of using some sort of health bars and point base systems. (HP, Fatigue etc...) With customization of course. ;)

A lot I know, but hey they are my suggestions and requests.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby GM-Support » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all those who submitted suggestions and voted. Please feel free to keep doing so, as this is very precious material.

Thanks again and best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 am

GM-Support wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot to all those who submitted suggestions and voted. Please feel free to keep doing so, as this is very precious material.

Thanks again and best regards,
GM-Support

I have a few other requests...

GM, I do not know if you played the CSI games, but a magnifying lens effect similar to theirs would be a cool new feature for investigating adventure types.

Circle shape hotspots and magic wand/lasso style hotspots are necessary. These alone would add so much to AM.

In addition, I would like to see a systematic tutorial on how to put animations into panoramic scenes. Either via hotspots or with the entire image. As I found it quite hard to use animated hotspot into one without the hotspot looking like an old sticker or stamp over the scene.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:26 am

Crap, I forgot one thing...

Look at the included panoramic picture (A scene from the last contest which I ended up too late to upload!) and locate where the two hotspots should meet. (I painted the hotspots with transparent to show what I mean)

When I make panoramic scenes, I notice that when both sides of the image fits together to form the view, we cannot create a hotspot in the middle. We have to create two hotspots with a really big gap in between. That is something I would love to see corrected. Or at the very least have the ability to make a hotspot go from one side to the other if you can follow me here.

Thanks.

ZW.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby GM-Support » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi ZeornWarlock ,

Thanks for the suggestions.

GM-Support
(P.S. Nice panoramic screenshot, I cannot wait to see the game)
GM-Support

Postby ZeornWarlock » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 am

GM-Support,

Thanks for the comments, however, that game is not going to be released, at least not soon as it was part of the old contest.

However, I am glad to know you are considering my suggestions. :)

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Korrupt_Ikonz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 pm

Export to HTML to play in web browsers.. This would open up so much more opportunities for the game developers. Just to be able to click a link and your game loads like Flash. Hope to see this feature soon..

Korrupt_Ikonz
Korrupt_Ikonz

Postby Bort » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:15 pm

a slight adaption of the "ripple" effect facility..especailly for 3rd person games as this actualy creates an area that the character can "walk behind" graphicaly....it's not what it was designed for obviuosly

but being able to draw a shape onto the screen via the "ripple" interface.. (instead of it being restricted to a dragable square rectangle affair).. would make creating walk behind areas of a frame quick easy and very flexible...
as it is now it's the entire square selected area that hides the character -rather than the actual drawn area the user paints into the selection for the ripples them selves...then being able to select "zero ripples zero speed" would double the uses for the effect

that with the addition of a footstep sound to the 3rd person plug in that atomatically starts and stops as and when the character moves...and the ability to draw hot spots in a more flexible fashion for the walk area would take the AM 3rd person facility from being a slight "after thought" to being an extremely usable and refined string to it's bow
i realise that the walk behind feature is easily achievable with hotspot images as per the example game and that AM isn't voiced at the 3rd person end of things but what the hey..if it isn't much work then what's the loss in jazzing it up a little? i prefer AM to just about any other game maker i've tried..because you have got the balance between using VB code and the set automatic functions for each frame etc just about as perfect as it could get for your average joe
"I've had a wonderful evening...but this wasn't it.." GM
"This is not my beautiful house..." DB
Bort

Postby rpgfaker » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 am

hello everyone!

im rpgfaker and love using the adventure maker to make psp games (mostly because of the portable nature and resolution )

anyway, what id like to see in a future update is a music program that works for psp and a random number generator for simulated dice rolls (ive been playing d&d for years and can currently make a choose your own adventure style novel w/ maybe some puzzle elements, dice rolls would at least allow a simple battle engine :mrgreen: )

well that's my 2 cents...thanks
rpgfaker

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:45 am

GM-Support,

While working on the new contest I was trying to fit in a few animated hotspots and so on. (Besides AVI movies, nothing else seems to work for me so far.)

Anyhow, one thing I think would save lots of work would be the ability to make animated backgrounds. Actually, the avi movie could very well be that background where we could add hotspots over it. (Unless this is already doable and I have not found out!?!)

The reason I so wish for this is, it is for backgrounds to become livelier.

Cities: Cars passing by, people walking etc...
Nature: Birds and insects flying, grass blow in the wind etc..
Lakes, rivers: waves, splashes etc...
And so on...

That feature would add so much to the scenes. (Especially if we could still make this with the panoramic view!) ;)

Thanks.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 pm

I REALLY want to be able to export games to the XBOX 360.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:19 pm

cpkspikyhair wrote:I REALLY want to be able to export games to the XBOX 360.

I second that. Xbox live arcade is doing quite well right now. It would be silly to miss out on that boat.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:20 pm

ZeornWarlock wrote:GM-Support,

While working on the new contest I was trying to fit in a few animated hotspots and so on. (Besides AVI movies, nothing else seems to work for me so far.)

Anyhow, one thing I think would save lots of work would be the ability to make animated backgrounds. Actually, the avi movie could very well be that background where we could add hotspots over it. (Unless this is already doable and I have not found out!?!)

The reason I so wish for this is, it is for backgrounds to become livelier.

Cities: Cars passing by, people walking etc...
Nature: Birds and insects flying, grass blow in the wind etc..
Lakes, rivers: waves, splashes etc...
And so on...

That feature would add so much to the scenes. (Especially if we could still make this with the panoramic view!) ;)

Thanks.

ZW.

GM-Support,

Never mind the animated about the backgrounds on panoramic view; I do not think it is possible to achieve such feature right now. I use Bryce for pano views and I do not think it is possible to do so with an avi movie.

Sorry for requesting something impossible to do. :(

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:00 pm

How about making an Adventure Maker Player that people could download instead of downloading the whole AM.
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Man, I feel like I am flooding the AM forums these days! :shock:

Anyhow, I think the thing I would like to see the most besides a better Conversation Wizard is a VB script generator, which would work like Lilac Soul's Script generator for the Neverwinter Nights game from Bioware.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Continued...
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:26 pm

EDIT: Took images out.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Continued...
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:37 pm

EDIT: Took out the pictures.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

As far

Postby Harvester » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 pm

As far as I understood it from the screens, it's quite a nice system. For me a bit hard to look over at first look, but it seems to be user-friendly in cases when more complicated conversations are needed. I guess the two systems working paralelly would be the best. All in all I support the improvement of the conversation system, since when I had to use it I had problems with it's limitations too.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby GM-Support » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the screenshots and the explanations.

I really appreciate.

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby ZeornWarlock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:35 am

GM-Support,

I am glad you appreciate considering the fact that I PM'd you older conversation editor screen shots before, but I posted them again for a reminder. :twisted: And to see what others would think.

Harvester,

Yes, just by the screenshots, it may look odd at first, but it is very user friendly and soo deep. We can even add sound to each root. However, the screenshots are just showing the construction phase, not the game-play. I will post a few more and last shots while the game is on. So you guys get an even better idea.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 am

EDIT: Deleted the pictures.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion