Ehancements

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Ehancements

Postby DMike92 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:34 am

Really great software ! Thanks to all. 8)

Please forgive me if I'm not at the rigth place :
Here is my requests in case you want to pick the idea ;-)

1) Have a default sound when clicking from frame to frame (editable to some frames however). Just to avoid specifying it everytime.

2) Make sound available in HTML (don't know if this is possible ?).

Michel.
DMike92

Postby mercedes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:10 am

Hi there..:) Welcome to the forums

You can edit your sound..

For instance if you want it to appear when a frame starts..check off the Audio options in the frame itself..Use the first option [Channel 1] If you want it to stay till the next frame..and so on..

If you want it to change upon clicking a hotspot..simply check the audio tab in the hotspot...using [Channel 2], therefore you can still have the sound you clicked off in the first frame..to still be on..if not pick [Channel 1].

If you want other sounds playing at the same time..but a prominent sound...use CHannel 2 in the Frames and/or 2 through to Channel 7..Either in the frames..or the hotspots..Depending on where you want the sound..

Of course there are other options and a little bit easier with Full Version of AM..

As for Sound in HTML..

There are some options
HERE

Is this what you mean..?

Hope that helped~:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 am

Welcome to the forums Michel :)

As Mercedes mentioned, you don't need to specify the sound for each frame. If you set the music on a frame at the beginning, it will play on other frames, too, until you select the "stop sound" command for that channel on a certain frame.

You are right, music/sound for HTML games made with AM would be great :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby DMike92 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:15 am

Hi,
Thank you Mercedes and Mystery.

In fact I realize I was not enough specific about sound :
When I create a hot spot, I have to specify a "sound click" file so that you hear a "CLICK" on a mouse click. This is a very short sound (less than a second).
I have now almost 50 frames and perhaps 2 or 3 times more hot spots.
For all of them I had to go in the Audio tab and choose "Play sound" and selects click.wav. This is why I think a default audio file could be set somewhere (like a "always use that sound" checkbox).
Alternatively a general game option would deal with the "Click sound on mouse click".

I hope this clarify the point and does not make it more dark !

Thank you for reading until there 8)

Michel
(I will post other questions in another post rather than having this one too many subjects)
Also forgive my english...
DMike92

Postby Mystery » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 am

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the clarification, now I understand exactly what you mean :)

I don't know if there is a VBScript solution for this, I have to leave the answer to members who are more experienced than I am.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

Oh I see what you mean now..:)

I believe the reason for this is so you can choose different sounds for different hotspots...Some I have are click sounds, others I have are..like a zooming sound if it goes to another frame..or perhaps an eerie one..But it would be nice to have an option to simply click as well:)

Alternatively you can paste VBS code in Global Procedures and call it in any hotspot or frame..without going to Audio Tab...But you need Full Edition for this.. :wink:

You can test the full version out..but with only 20 frames..

Glad to hear you have such a big project in the making..Look forward to trying it..:D

I hadnt' realized that you cannot play sound in HTML..I thought perhaps it would just be a matter of coding..too pity..for avid Html users..

Good luck with Project..!~

Peace
Adieux~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:55 am

You can play sound in HTML, but I believe that it's only background sound.

You could also add vbs and java to HTML, but AM doesn't provide this option at this time
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Request ideas

Postby DMike92 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Hi again,

Thank you again for your answers :-)

Here is 2 more ideas that stuck me and force me to use a work-around :
1)
- Projects properties could have a variable tab so that some variable could be initialize BEFORE having to click a HotSpot.

2)
When combining 2 items in the inventory, there is nothing that can make this event to be remembered (no variable tab).
This could be done in several (new) ways :
- In the "combining 2 items" properties :
. Possibility to set a variable in the event properties, or go to a frame (prefered), or both ;-).
- In any Hotspot properties, have a possibility to make this hotpsot available if :
. An item is present in the inventory or,
. An event (number or name) has occured.

Of course, I understand these feature ARE in the full version with some scripting (I saw the examples)...

Great job anyway !

Michel
DMike92

Postby mercedes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 am

Hi there..:)

1)
- Projects properties could have a variable tab so that some variable could be initialize BEFORE having to click a HotSpot.

I could see why you would want this feature..but Alas..it would make buying the Full version..unnecessary..;)
However there are ways around this..depending on what u would want this feature for of course..Also..if you are reallly patient and inventive..:P

When combining 2 items in the inventory, there is nothing that can make this event to be remembered (no variable tab).
In the "combining 2 items" properties :
1.Possibility to set a variable in the event properties, or go to a frame (prefered), or both Wink.
2. In any Hotspot properties, have a possibility to make this hotpsot available if :
3.An item is present in the inventory or,
4. An event (number or name) has occured.

This is all possible with custom inventory..but again requires ALOT..of patience..It does for me..maybe not for others of course, I have short term memory loss..so I have to go back and look at what I just did all the time...LOL..I'm doing a custom inventory now...and I have used scripting..but only cause I like it..I beleive it can be done without it though...But, yes with the inventory that is there that would be cool..:)~..

Really happy to hear you are enjoying this product as do I..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports