Got a cool idea for AM forums... Must read...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Should this award thingy be done?

Yes, becuase I will win everything. Seriously.
No votes
Yeeeesss, becuase it would be cool.
50%
No, becuase I wouldn't win anything.
No votes
No, becuase the idea is plain stupid.
50%

Total votes : 4

Got a cool idea for AM forums... Must read...

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Had a cool idea that we should hold some kind of awards on the AM forums for the best game of the year and the best game designer and some other awards. I could easily make a Freewebs sit to vote on.
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Mystery » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:46 pm

My personal opinion:

The game design contest that we've been holding each year, is already a great occasion for game creators to submit their AM games, get feedback, and win nice prizes.
Maybe we could leave the topic for the games more open for the upcoming contest, we'll have to discuss details such as topic and dates.

I don't know who'd be able to sponsor more contests/awards with prizes; and I'm not sure if there are currently enough games created with AM to implement more contests/awards.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Look

Postby Harvester » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm

My opinion:

The contests held every year (last year I guess we had more than one?) is enough. Completing a game takes a long time, and I guess making two games for two contests is quite a hard task (and is against quality...); and if someone made a great game for one contest, he is likely to win the other one with the same game, if that's not banned. I won't list more, conmclusion: for me the current contests are enough.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Maybe their should be a single award, the best Game Designer of 2008. Even if they haven't made any big games, they know how to use AM very well.
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion