Music Talent Needed

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Music Talent Needed

Postby ZeornWarlock » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:29 am

I all,

I will probably purchase Sonar this year, but for the time being, I will be looking for one talented music maker. I need music for a free AM project.

I will create a game inspired/based on a successful free series of mine, created a few years ago on IGN's NWNVault. My two stories went Hall of Fame and both scored over 9.45/10 with thousands of downloads. The third story did not make it due to my busy work schedule. My schedule is much looser now and I plan to create commercial games with AM. (Something else!) However, I want to test the waters with my old series first. (Which, shall remain non-commercial)

The project is in alpha right now. I am still trying to decide the art direction for it, since the original was 3D. The game will be the 4rth chapter and will be set after the big war.

Anyhow, the music I am looking for is Fantasy/Gothic. Angelic voice FX a huge plus. Cord instruments are best too. (Make sure the music is yours! Not copied or borrowed from someone else!)

If your work makes me fall of my chair, and if my free game is successful, I may keep you for my commercial games, weather I compose with sonar or not.

If you are interested, just reply here.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

offer

Postby Harvester » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi,

From what you've written I feel I might be able to compose the music you need. I use Sonar with some really nice soft synth expansions. I would say listen to some of my songs but since the My Dark Mind project of mine is quite different and the other songs I could show are really-really old (and do not show what I can do nowadays) I would offer the following: if you send me a little piece of plot/graphics/etc. (so that I know for what situation shall the music be composed), I compose a song for that, and if you like that, we can agree maybe. If you're interested, write here or PM.

Harvester

UPDATED

After thinking about it for a while, I found some older songs I made which could be used as reference. I made them while experiencing Sonar. If interested, I can send it in mail to you (quite large files).
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:07 am

Harvester, I sent you a PM about the project and some links.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:05 pm

I've also been using SONAR for a while and have some nice soft synths of Project 5, so if you need a hand you can ask me.

My speciality is music mixing rather than composition, but I can do both.

Like I said, if you need a hand, ask...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby ZeornWarlock » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Chromegloss55 wrote:I've also been using SONAR for a while and have some nice soft synths of Project 5, so if you need a hand you can ask me.

My speciality is music mixing rather than composition, but I can do both.

Like I said, if you need a hand, ask...

Harvester will be doing some music for me for the time being. But if I need more, I will keep in touch with you. ;)

Thanks.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby stargazer_1988 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi,

I have tons of 100% original music, I am musician and have been for 18 years. I use all my own musc in my games, an play lots of genres!! :D

I am willing if you like to give you some pieces for your games, MP3 format.

Best,

StarGazer
stargazer_1988

Postby Mystery » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Wow, great offer Stargazer, thanks :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Very nice of you to offer Stargazer... :)

If possible, could you post some samples of your work in the music forum? I'd love to hear some of your work!

:)
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby stargazer_1988 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Yes, sure, will add some music within next week or so, as I have to get a selection of Mp3's together!! :wink:

best wishes,

StarGazer :D
Last edited by stargazer_1988 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stargazer_1988

I listened

Postby Harvester » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 pm

I've listened to your music on the myspace site. There are some songs I like more, some I like less, but that's because of its variety. To be honest, I prefer the ones without singing. Not because your voice, but because of the instrumental background. Your voice is good, definitely lightyears better than mine :oops: For me those songs has too much "influence" on them, or maybe they are covers of songs I don't know? At least I didn't find them too original.
BUT
Then I listened to all the other songs... and you have nice ideas, wonderful melodies, which I liked very much! Song "Mysterious Girl" caught my attention, I liked that the most from the selection on your site.

I hope my opinion doesn't sound too critical, I just wanted to state all the things I liked and those I didn't. I appreciate your pieces, since you really make music in quite a wide range of genres and you do it well! I'm eager to hear more of your songs. If you'd like to, you can listen to mine on website mentioned in the bottom of the message or find links on the forums, there are some. However I guess they are not your style, as well as I must admit that your ones are also not my style :)

Good luck with all your work, keep up the good work!

Harvester

By the way, your artwork on the site is wonderful!! I love many of them.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby stargazer_1988 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Thankyou harvester, for your comments, the songs are not covers, :? I am glad you like Mysterious girl, I like that one too, I do more instrumental stuff apart from singing. glad you like the pics, I will listen to your music, I have visited the page still to listen. :wink:

Best wishes,

StarGazer
stargazer_1988

Postby stargazer_1988 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi Harvester,

I listened to your music, it was the kind of music I was in to when I was 18, I was heavily into bands, such as Slayer, Celtic frost etc, so the music style was familiar to me. I did like the music, although I don't listen so much to metal these days!! Your voice sounded big time thrash god!! reminded me of bands such as Extreme noise terrror, do you know that band? I was really pleased that it was a stlye I was familair with :lol: , I have listened to a couple and I want to check out more, the dowload speed was a bit slow, I don't know why?? I have 8MB broadband, but they downloaded at 12kb sec! I like your album covers, the one with the man and Dark angel kissing is very nice!! :D

good work and your lyrics are great!!

best wshes,

StarGazer
stargazer_1988

Thank you very much

Postby Harvester » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 am

Thank you very much for listening my music and giving me such a feedback!

I don't know the band you mentioned, but will definitely check it out. I don't know what happened to the download speed, since it's a free server service, and they do a lot of mistakes, but usually it works for me fine. I hope it will be sorted out if you're really interested. I would offer to send them in mail, but now there's a chance that a virus have infected them just like all other music files on my system, so maybe later :)

Thank you for your nice words, it's really encouraging!

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Thank you very much

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Harvester wrote:Thank you very much for listening my music and giving me such a feedback!

I don't know the band you mentioned, but will definitely check it out. I don't know what happened to the download speed, since it's a free server service, and they do a lot of mistakes, but usually it works for me fine. I hope it will be sorted out if you're really interested. I would offer to send them in mail, but now there's a chance that a virus have infected them just like all other music files on my system, so maybe later :)

Thank you for your nice words, it's really encouraging!

Harvester

Harvester, you need to clean that mess. Because I had to reformat a whole hardrive because of this. I know it is your music, because I saved it to a new memory card I just purchased and it got infected too. Worst is that neither anti-virus I own could not get rid of it.

You have to understand that I do not want to infect potential buyers to my games with your music. That is not something I can take my chances on. That would give me a really bad reputation as a starting games company.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

i'm really

Postby Harvester » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm really sorry for the trouble it made. However, it is not completely my fault since the antivirus program I used when creating the song I sent you actually did NOT detect it, only later. So I do not know how long this virus has been infecting my system and sent you the song without any offensive intentions. Sorry again for any inconviniences it made.

I will have a completely new system in approximately 2 weeks time, and will format everything, washing away the last traces of this virus. This accident is also bad for my reputition as starting music composer on the forums, as well as for you, so I will sort this out as soon as possible. Until then I can use wav format sounds, at least they don't seem to be infected (checked by more than 3 antivirus programs, but I don't know what to believe after all this). I hope nobody else will have a trouble because of me, and that you still put your trust in me in case of creation of your soundtracks.

Best wishes and tons of apologies,

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Indeed, if you want a good reputation as a starting composer, you will need to sort this out. I think you create very good music, but you will need to be more careful with it. ;)

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

I really

Postby Harvester » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:03 pm

I see your point and am really sorry for what has happened, but how could I know that there's such risk if the programs I trust do not find it?... I am careful, but if the technical background is not always given to find every dangerous elements, I can do nothing since I don't even know that the antivirus missed to find something, since I don't know that the "something" even exists... Nevermind. Will sort it out asap. Till then I send nothing.

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 pm

What I can't understand, is how a non-executable file can be infected... Like music for example...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Neither

Postby Harvester » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Neither do I, but it definitely happened... and nor the antivirus softwares can understand it so it's not a shame if we don't :)
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 pm

This short article might be interesting for you:
http://www.kaspersky.com/news?id=207575664
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Well

Postby Harvester » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Well, it is actually an interesting article... am I not lucky that I was one of the first people who had such an advanced technique running on their system? :) At least they have discovered that such thing exists. I hope it will solve my issue, since I actually use Kaspersky now.

EDIT: It actually worked! If anybody has such problem, use this. Thanks Mystery for the info, it was useful since I had automatic update turned off and I didn't get informed about this. Thanks a lot!
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 pm

I knew about files asking for codecs, but I thought that it just infected ZWs system w/o downloading third-party files...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 pm

I it was not part of a codec, just the audio file. What is worst is that neither anti-virus companies had the info on this infection. Kaspesky knew it was an infection, but did not know what to do with it. Therefore, I reported it at the time. Odd that it is only that anti-virus company who knew about this thought! :?

Harvester, of course I understand that you could not know. So no hard feelings. ;)

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 am

You know, sometimes Antivirus companies produce virii to sell their products.

Anyway, it could be some software you use for music editing Harvester, so scan them with Kaspersky.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:39 pm

You know, sometimes Antivirus companies produce virii to sell their products.

That's scary...~!

Is there a Free Version of Kapersky..I see there is am online scan..

Also, here are some good Scans for those who may be interested..They come highly recommended.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

http://www.kaspersky.com/service?cha...39400#betatest

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html#

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php---This is a good one..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

kaspersky

Postby Harvester » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 pm

I report Kaspersky successfully cleaned my system from all enemies of my dear songs, so now I can declare that I can send again clean material to everybody. Thanks for all the help provided.

Note: At least Kaspersky now doesn't find any viruses on the whole system if that's a fact to trust.
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to Working Together