Where are the games?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Where are the games?

Postby molitar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 am

Ok I found a single game and downloaded it found out I needed Adventure Maker.. I was like cool and installed it.. now I find many of the links in the download games DON'T WORK! So I tried a good for AdventureMaker Games and couldn't even find a central repository for games.

How can something so cool be about totally useless when the game downloads don't work. When their is no central repository to find all the games released on AdventureMaker? This makes the program just about worthless since I can't find any other games practically to play. It's no good having a great engine if you can't find the fuel for it.
molitar

Postby mercedes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 am

Hi there...

Is this where you went..

http://www.adventuremaker.com/free_games_for_windows_downloads.php

Please post if that is where you went...:)
Also which games you attempted to download~ might help to know if the link isn't working..

Also I should add..Adventure Maker is not responsible for the download links..The gamemasters who make them are...It's up to them to keep the links updated..Adventure Maker takes for granted that we know where are games are for download~..

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby molitar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:41 am

Yes it was and one of them was Gnosis.. But really as a product their should be a list of all the AM games made and where to download..

But now I find I couldn't even get the game the one game I did to run at all since it has a fatal flaw of not being able to handle large fonts.. in the day of 1680 resolution large fonts are a NECESSARY and this game engine can't handle them.. So now I find I can't even run the game engine since I am not going to be rebooting everytime I want to play one of these games.. most inefficient game engine that can't ignore large fonts or dpi settings.
molitar

Postby mercedes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 am

But really as a product their should be a list of all the AM games made and where to download..

Was there not a list there ?..That is the list of games that PPl with AM have made..

http://gnosis.truthofthespoon.net/Synchronisma.html

That link has been moved..sorry for the inconvenience..but Its not AM's fault..that the site owner moved his website..really..I beleive he also changed the name..from what i can see..

AM handles resolution settings of 1024*740...800*600 ..640*480 ...as well as Custom ones~

Peace~
Last edited by mercedes on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby molitar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:58 am

No I have large fonts set on my PC. If I don't I can't read the text on my LCD monitor because they are too small. AM complains and won't run games properly because I have Large fonts enabled on my PC.
molitar

Postby mercedes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 am

I edited my post..

I gather that 1024*740 as a resolution settings..is still too small then..?..

Usually its up to the game maker to choose the resolution settings..Its possible that when he made his game..that the options were not available at that time..with an earlier version of AM ..That I'm unsure of...Or he simply chose to make the game in a smaller resolution..

On another note..many of the games on that page were first games ever made by the Authors you see there..Its a feat in itself to make one..there are alot of things Authors learn along the way..the very fact that they made it to the main Game page site was because it was well done for a first game..So that in itself should be awarded..:)

Either way I hope you can find something worth Playing..Have you tried Mystery's Games?..Perhaps that might be more to your liking and more adaptable for your Pc..being as they were made with a later version of AM..Again though, I'm not sure if that would help..or work..I'm sure there are ways around it...perhaps someone might know of one..My pc usually just adapts to the settings..so Not sure if you have it set to Restart on Settings change..

Either way I wish you luck in finding something and try not to be to hard on the Engine itself..

The Product was made for others to enjoy and alot of work goes into programming one..Perhaps there may be others out there more to your liking..either way I wish you luck!~

Or perhaps someone might come along to better help you in your quest..:)

Peace
Adieux~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 am

It is mentioned in the "Known Bugs" section in the Help Files that:
- Systems with the fonts set to "Large Fonts" are not supported.

As for the games list:
As Mercedes said, we are trying to keep the links updated, but if game creators give up their website or move their website over the years, links may not work.
If game creators want their games to be available, they can contact us with their link updates.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion