Video in a hotspot..?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Video in a hotspot..?

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 am

Any idea on how I can make a wall slide to the left lets say....or make it look like its sliding to the side...If is a video..Can someone give me an idea on how many slides to make it in..and whether or not I should make it with just the wall sliding ..or have the whole picture in there too...I've yet to do a video like this..:? Its like a cement wall..that I am sliding to the side...

Peace..~
mercedes
VIP

Re: Video in a hotspot..?

Postby pennsteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:06 am

mercedes wrote:Any idea on how I can make a wall slide to the left lets say....or make it look like its sliding to the side...If is a video..Can someone give me an idea on how many slides to make it in..and whether or not I should make it with just the wall sliding ..or have the whole picture in there too...I've yet to do a video like this..:? Its like a cement wall..that I am sliding to the side...

Peace..~

Are you going to be drawing this? If so, I would do many drawings. Each one a little more slid over by a fraction.

I WOULD tell you to use windows movie maker to give it animation but I dont think movies that you make on WMM will work very good with AM.

OR........if you are good at drawing, on paper or posterboard, draw the background or whatever is going to be behind that wall........then on another piece of paper, draw the wall. Then film it as you pull the wall across the paper. Just make sure you dont get your hand in the movie.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:11 am

Ya..ive been trying this..and its not working for me..Like its not what i want it to look like...I have done smaller things and video entries..but not anything with slides..was wondering how many i guess..Cause if its alot..then i won't do it...

Also wondering if i should include the whole frame..or just the wall..moving...

Peace~
Last edited by mercedes on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:12 am

That brings a question to mind. Remember that switch in the AM tutorial? How do you make an animated switch like that? When you click on it, it moves. Is that an animated gif or a video or ???????
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby pennsteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:15 am

If you want it to look smooth, the more slides the better. The less you use the more jerky it will be, like stop-motion.

Why not just draw it out on paper, draw the wall that is sliding on a seperate piece of paper, and use a camcorder to make it? Just film it off to the side a bit so they dont see your hand pulling the wall across.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 am

It should say in the hotspot properties..what it is..if its an animated .gif or just a series of .gifs..You can get the plug in for Am that is an animated gif Player..just so you know...:)

*EDIT*Its a series of GIFS..AND VIDEOS.i just looked at it...2 for each hotspot..One going one way..the other going the other way..You can use those if you want by the way..just browse to the folder..and find them...:) Only im not sure if you can for commercial projects

I don't have a camcorder..:(

Edit your post..don't double post...:) They frown on that here...

Peace..
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 am

Correcting me on a lot arent you? If i edit my post you might not see my reply.

Nevermind
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:44 am

Sorry..don't take offence to it....it's not my intention..and I really do check my posts...Cause i do the same thing all the time...I edit like crazy..sometimes 6 times in one post...lol..The last one was 4 times..and I only mention it..cause they really do frown on that on here..In other words..you can get banned for it..:(..

Peace..~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Mercedes, you can try to simulate wall sliding with the transitions of AM.
Load A Frame containing a picture of the wall then Go to that frame again using the sliding transition
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:44 pm

mercedes wrote:Sorry..don't take offence to it....it's not my intention..and I really do check my posts...Cause i do the same thing all the time...I edit like crazy..sometimes 6 times in one post...lol..The last one was 4 times..and I only mention it..cause they really do frown on that on here..In other words..you can get banned for it..:(..

Peace..~

I didnt take offense. It was late and I was going to bed.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports