New game for Windows:Lost House

Games that never made it to the light of day.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New game for Windows:Lost House

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Hello!

I've finished my newest escape the room game.

Find items, combine one to each other and try to get out.

Download: http://www.swuttig.de/games/Lost_House.exe (4.4MB)

Good luck and much fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Candle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Cool, looks like someone needs to do a little painting. :)
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 pm

I really like this game.
Nice graphics, it's challenging but solvable, and especially the final part was impressive - I really liked those little "special effects". :)

I also have the impression that you've learned a lot since your first game. Great job!

I'm looking forward to playing more games from you :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby pennsteve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 pm

I see you added things in, like the spoon, etc. Lets take the dead mouse scene. When I picked up the item it disappeared. I left the scene and came back to the dead mouse scene, the item was still gone. How do you make it disappear and not come back if you go back to the scene? Are you using multiple scenes? If so, you must have multiple scenes for each picture on this game?

Edit: Oh wait, I think I see. You have to find certain things before other scenes show up. I dont know. lol
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Just check the first box (Hide and disable...) in the Hotspot Properties :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Nooo, I know about disabling hotspots......what I mean is.........I have a picture of a living room. When you click to get close to the computer desk and click on, say......a disc laying on the desk, the disc will disappear (meaning I have to have 2 pictures of the computer desk, one with the disc, one without).......but when they click the down arrow it will take them back to the full view of the living room........if they click the desk again, it will show the desk with the disc on it........

I would have to also make 2 pictures of the living room so when they pick up the disc and hit back, it would take them to the SECOND living room so if they click the desk again it wont show the desk with the disc. whew....lots of typing......

So If i have multiple items to be picked up so that they wont show on the picture anymore, i would have to create a lot of different scenarios so they cant go back to that same scene and have the item return. Understand me here? lol

Livingroom 1 to------cabinet with cup......click cup. cup disappears and is added to inventory -------click down button, go to livingroom 2, so if cabinet is clicked again, it will be empty and not be showing that cup they already picked up............

But then if you have multiple items around the room that you want to disappear if they pick them up, you would have to have multiple livingroom scenes........ I think i'll just stick to hotspots and SAYING they found a cup, or a key or whatever......instead of putting the actual picture in so it disappears when they pick it up....... now im probably confusing everyone. i'll stop now. :lol:
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Just make one picture of the empty desk.Make a Hotspot with a picture(e.g the disk) and you can enable/disable this.
If you want, I'll make a video tutorial for you later this day.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Thats not what I'm talking about. I know how to enable and disable a hotspot after its clicked.

Imagine a room. You see a desk. You click desk to get closer. You click a speaker on the desk to pick it up. When you click the speaker it also disappears from the desk. Now you go back to the far away scene. If you were to click close to the desk, that speaker would be showing again, even if I disabled its hotspot, it will be there. I would have to make ........ugh, nevermind. its too much to type lol
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Well there must be an error in your scenes. do you use the Frame merging?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 pm

I dont use merging yet. But Im thinking to myself DUH.......I was just reading the FAQ for making a game for ipod and iphone (cant use inventory), but it was saying about how you can use transparent or graphical hotspots. I guess I could use a picture for a hotspot, and if I disable it after its clicked, the picture should go away? I'm going to try that now. This will keep me from having to make many different scenes.

Ok, I tested it, yep, it works. lol. I feel so stupid now. :lol:

Oh, and this only works for windows games. I just tried to hide and disable a hotspot for iphone and you cant do it.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:32 pm

pennsteve,

To make an item disappear from the screen permanently, you could use a variable with two types of pictures. One picture with item and one without the item.

If player takes item make variable (Choose a name for it) =1 if not stay at 0

If player must go to room again, check variable. if =1 go to empty room, if = 0 go to room with item.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Thank you. I figured a way to do it without variables. I put the hotspot as a picture and disable it when clicked. The picture disappears and an icon is added to my inventory. :)
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 am

Was browsing and I saw this and would just like to add to it...Just so you know..don't draw rooms with items in them..Make separate icons or .gif to have the items there and they dissapear when clicked...:)..but from what you are saying, sounds like you figured it out..:) I like .gifs for items to be displayed myself..Not sure if you tried Imagicon or not..but i'ts an awesome tool for icons..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:17 pm

I downloaded something. Its on my desktop and says multiple image resizer. I guess thats imagicon? Not sure. It works though. Now I can take my own pictures and make icons out of them.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Lazypookzz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

I really loved this game, had a lot of fun!

Especially I liked your pictures. How did you make them?

Thanks!
Lazypookzz
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:35 pm

The pictures are from a website.I don't know the url anymore.
They are pictures from a lost house in the USA, i think but I'm not sure.

If you google for lost places I'm sure you will find the pictures.

I'm glad that you liked the game :)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Return to Vaporware Games