Alternatives to Google SketchUp?

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby nefertiti1122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Sorry Mistery, Google SketchUp is proving to be too much for my computer to handle. It stops responding. Do you know a program that`ll b easier for me handle. Pentium III, 192 RAM, 600 MHz? :shock:
www.dragcave.net/user/nefertiti1122 - Please help my little eggs and hatchlings!
nefertiti1122

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 pm

I think Anim8or could help:
www.anim8or.com
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:22 pm

Well, Animator is in my opinion pretty difficult to use :?
Gonna look out for other software that is easy to handle.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby nefertiti1122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:48 pm

@ Doggy, thanks for the help, it`s working ok...only i should probably view a few tutorials -.-'
@ Mistery, If you can find something easier i`ll really appreciate it, working with animator will take ages and lots of try/erase and with school it`ll get on my nerves too much -.-'
If you two can find anything else...? Thank you very much for wasting time on me. :oops: I found a program called "blender". what do you think of it?download for me is really slow, so i should know if it`s gonna be worth it... thanks again guys! *hugz*
www.dragcave.net/user/nefertiti1122 - Please help my little eggs and hatchlings!
nefertiti1122

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:14 pm

We 're getting a little off-topic here... should we move the posts?
Anyway... I know Anom8or is way too difficult, but it's running in low-end systems. If you found it too difficult, I would suggest you didn't use blender...
Last edited by Lyberodoggy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby nefertiti1122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:17 pm

ok,thanks
nefertiti1122

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 pm

I tried google sketchup two times. Ended up uninstalling it each time. I dont know if its because I am on vista or what, but every time I would use it for the 2nd or 3rd time, the boxes would all be transparent and you could see all of the lines.

I gave up on it.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:We 're getting a little off-topic here... should we move the posts?

Yes, you're right, this thread is about the contest.
Please post further questions about software to create frames/artwork in the following section of this forums:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

EDIT
Okay, I've moved out these post to a separate topic.

I think that most 3D software have higher requirements nowadays than what your computer has Nef :?
Additionally, most 3D software is pretty difficult to use - that means that you need weeks and months to learn to work with them.

I have found Sweet Home 3D http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/index.html
but it has also the following requirements:
Your computer should have at least a processor running at 400 MHz, 256 MB and a graphic card with its driver updated

However, there are also alternatives to 3D, you don't have to use 3D artwork for the contest. You can draw (or ask a fried with talent to draw for you), use photos or images that are not copyrighted (!).
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos