Vote your most wanted feature

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What feature would make Adventure Maker a killer app?

A. Export games to DVD Video
6%
B. Export games to XBox 360
12%
C. Export games to PDA
2%
D. Export games to Vista Gadgets
No votes
E. Export games to HTML to play in web browser
21%
F. Sound support for PSP games
11%
G. Javascript support for PSP games
1%
H. More versatile plugins system
3%
I. Support for Javascript in addition to VBScript
2%
J. Cubic panorama plugin
12%
K. Improved 3rd person plugin
13%
L. Revamped user interface
6%
M. Greater stability and fewer bugs
7%
N. Android Support
3%

Total votes : 99

Postby ZeornWarlock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:36 am

EDIT: Deleted the pictures.
Last edited by ZeornWarlock on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby ZeornWarlock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 am

Again, the two examples above are short and simple. Notice that this appears in a pop up window. However, it could very well work at the bottom as the current AM system uses.

The great thing about this is we can use the conversation to describe things and even interact with the scene. Say the player comes across a well. When the player clicks on the well, the conversation starts...

"The well is old and dry"

Player choices...

1. I examine the well.
- (It is too dark)
- I use my torchlight...
- I leave the well alone

2. I jump in the well.
- (Player changes frame and see it was a bad plan...)

3. I do nothing and leave the well alone.

Etc...

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:23 pm

xBox...xBox...xBox...xBox..

Dude, xBox WOULD BE AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Could be handy...

Postby Thisalike » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:11 pm

1. a preload funktion (there is a short gap when a picture is loaded the first time)

2. variable weather effects (the ability to create individual things falling down more or less), storm -objects twisting around

3. variable main menus

4. integrated gif animator

5. a 3d rotating cube for setting 3d positions of soundeffects

I like the easy way AM allows to concentrate on creative aspects of creating a game.
Thisalike

Postby Jaked » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:46 am

Like Zeon Warlock said. A conversation with twists and turns.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Dialogue system

Postby Thisalike » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Yes, a flexible dialogue system is also important. I think adventures live also because of the dialogues.
Thisalike

Back to

Postby Harvester » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Back to ZW's suggestion, I would also say a comfortable use of animations at conversations would be also nice. I mean if you choose an option, you could add sound and play a video without going to any other windows in AM. But I guess that's the smallest part of the whole stuff...
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Jaked » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:27 pm

Zeon Warlock it sounds like you intend on an adventure came kind of like CYOA, full of twists and turns (let's see, darn it! My first person oriented King's Quest with twists has been taken by a mod--- admi---, senior mem--- I can't tell because I'm posting (posted) a reply. :oops:)
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Thisalike » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 am

Would be nice to have an installation with the option to generate a desktop icon.
Thisalike

Postby mercedes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 am

Thisalike.,,, there is such a feature..:)

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3792&highlight=desktop+icon
Actually many of the requests that are in this thread have come to pass with AM...--Which is an awesome thing in such a short time..Cool Stuff..~

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Thisalike » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:38 am

nice nice nice
Thisalike

Postby Jaked » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:11 pm

The winner seems to be Adventure Games you can play online by HTML. Mystery, a few days ago, just showed us an online game using AM!

Au Revoir, Jaked.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby pennsteve » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Yes, but I dont see how he/she had the inventory at the bottom. When I make a game to play on windows with HTML I have to create it using the ipod format, otherwise it wont play. And there is no option for inventory. Also you cant do a lot of other things.

Too bad there wasnt a way to convert them to flash, but I guess thats a whole other type of programming? I don't know because I dont do programming.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:18 pm

It's like the answer to the Tootsie Roll (unlike the tootsie pop): The world can know in 5 seconds. Mysteryh can explain how he did that.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Yes, but I dont see how he/she had the inventory at the bottom. When I make a game to play on windows with HTML I have to create it using the ipod format, otherwise it wont play. And there is no option for inventory. Also you cant do a lot of other things.

Steve, from what i understand..Mystery used hotspot magic..she was able to put hotspots there..where u see the inventory...and used variables to show and not show them...same as u can for any game..:) Those aren't ico files..she used i think .gif files..for the inventory. Wasn't really an inventory..was just hotspots.

To use the html feature, simply make a game normally, but stay away from the advanced section...then when done..hit the link on the side..that says " Create html when done ur game. Stay away from ico files as well.

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Adventure Maker should come with a free box of chocolates...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 am

:P
I would prefer a free X-Box... Lol
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby matthornb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 am

Huh. For me it is possible to render out a panoramic movie. Depends on the 3d software you're using. (I use Lightwave.)

In practice, though, AM has trouble with big videos integrated into a panorama. It makes things run slowly.

Well, let's see. I'd love to see some of the features AM has in its PC projects made compatible with the other platforms it exports to.

I'd really appreciate having scripting and panoramas in iPhone games, for instance.

A full-featured, browser-based export sounds cool. It'd make it possible to run games without an install, on a variety of operating systems. I could definitely imagine using that. And Xbox 360 is not a bad idea either.

I'd like to see the 3rd person plugin improved. That would be great.

I don't imagine any of this will happen quickly, though.
matthornb

Postby pennsteve » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:17 am

Too bad they couldnt make something like macromedia flash only so that you dont have to know programming to make games. lol
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Imari » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:10 am

Pennsteven wrote:
Too bad they couldnt make something like macromedia flash only so that you dont have to know programming to make games. lol

Actually, there is a Flash-based game engine that doesn't require scripting. Lassie Adventure Studio has been out for a few years now and it's free. Before you jump into making a game with it though, you should check out the games made with it. The load time between frames is painful, but that's Flash for you.
http://lassie.gmacwill.com/
Imari
VIP

Postby drummerac » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:42 pm

I am probably too late for the vote,

I would like to be able to change the frames view to a map/navigation view so that I can see how the frames fit together, instead of having to rely on paper based plans.
drummerac

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 pm

I create more applications than games, so my most wanted feature would be to allow easy creation of Windows-style buttons that highlight when you hover over them and depress when you click and hold them. Just for aesthetics :)
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:50 am

If you are reffering to the Windows platform, you can still do that using an ActiveX
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm

cpkspikyhair wrote:I create more applications than games, so my most wanted feature would be to allow easy creation of Windows-style buttons that highlight when you hover over them and depress when you click and hold them. Just for aesthetics :)

Actually, you can already do this easily by using KeyGuard! :)

---------------
I have a big list, but my most wanted feature is global arrays!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby proy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:37 am

My most wanted feature would have to be able to drag a hotspot by clicking the mouse. It would be great if one would be able to rotate a hotspot by dragging it.
proy

Postby mercedes » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

You can drag a hotspot...more or less...You would need Keyguard..
It records mouse down and mouse up events...
There is a jigsaw tutorial using Keyguard...although not sure what u mean by rotating a hotspot..with dragging..
I have however seen rotating a hotspot by clicking..[right-clicking]-again using Keygaurd..

If u ever feel like checking it out..:D-
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4700&highlight=jigsaw

KeyGuard-4
Def..play the demo..to see how this works..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:12 am

Imari wrote:Pennsteven wrote:

Actually, there is a Flash-based game engine that doesn't require scripting. Lassie Adventure Studio has been out for a few years now and it's free. Before you jump into making a game with it though, you should check out the games made with it. The load time between frames is painful, but that's Flash for you.
http://lassie.gmacwill.com/

Annnnnnnnd what does this mean?
Will LassieAS generate a SWF file of my game?

Basically, yes. A LassieAS game runs through a pre-compiled SWF shell that loads in your game data and assets from an external media library, much the way an 'images' directory of an HTML site would work. So yes, a game will play as a SWF within a web browser, but no, Lassie will not generate a single collected SWF with all your game assets embedded within it.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby PezDax » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:34 am

Looks like I?m about three years late on this poll :)

In any case, I?m a new user and I voted for sound support for the PSP.

I have to say that it was great to find a program that would allow ANY sort of game programming for an un-hacked PSP. Lots of love for that. I?m having fun, even with the (understandably) limited features available.

I?m working on a cine-graphic novel series for the PSP, using the software. Everyone knows how much music and sounds can add to emersion. Without adding anything else, sound support could inspire more PSP authors.

I?m not looking for anything fancy. Sounds don?t even have to be connected to hot spots. Just being able to trigger a music file when entering a new frame would be great. Wave files, MP3, or any other common format.

I live in an area that doesn?t support internet connection through the PSP. Does the PSP browser support sound files on web sites? Maybe it?s not that easy :roll:
PezDax

Postby drummerac » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:33 pm

I'd love a text box in the properties of each hotspot so that some text appears when the mouse hovers over it.
drummerac

Postby reneuend » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 am

That would be nice, but you can achieve that with KeyGuard! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion