Can I mask a larger picture with only screen size visible?

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Can I mask a larger picture with only screen size visible?

Postby wickedsunny » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 pm

For example -

I created a huge map of 1280 x 800 pixels, but when I import it, it reduces the size.

Is it possible to mask it so that only a part of it is visible on screen, say 280 x 200 size out of 1280 x 800 (Comparatively)

I want the screen to scroll in some way or other and not just abruptly end at the edges of screen.

I see that even the third person 3d game tutorial, does not scroll the screen button but simply opens a new page.

I know AM has its limitation now but its future version will have screen scrolling options or not?
wickedsunny

Postby mercedes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:04 am

I think I know what you mean..you want it so the user can scroll around the map..? looking at different areas..? No i don't think AM can do this..Any platform..There are no features for this with the mouse..What you can try is the Panoramic..plugin with AM..?..I don't know if this will suit your needs..but it maybe possible..

Edit, this you can't use with Ipod or iphone platform though
I'm not sure if at this time you are testing platforms or are still using the iphone platform..?

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 am

For I phone you can use hotspots to go to the next part of the map.
On Pc, where there 's no limitation for plugins you can use Keyguard to hover over the edge of the map and automatically go to the next frame using scroll up transition, which will sumulate what you want it to look like..
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey Kiddo..~:)

That's a good idea..Never thought of Key guard..to hover over the spots in a Map..and go to another frame..Cause you don't have to click the hotspot..Good Call..!~

KeyGaurd has soo many functions..:) Just love it..

Also for your frames..WickedSunny, If working with Windows Platform, go to Project properties, [I'ts on the left, written in Yellow]. .and set the size of frame. first then import pictures..You can use custom sizes in AM..but by default, it chooses 640*480 resolutions..also if you imported a picture that was small and then tried to import one that was bigger..it will resize to the one u put in before..

If by chance u forget and put one in anyways..simply right click the thumbnail and Remove it..Then go to link "Manage Resources" and delete it there too..then import it back in after you have set the size you want..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Would keyguard be able to be used like that in a normal game on windows? Instead of clicking a hotspot to see another wall of a room, would it just scroll it? I've never tried this program yet.

Thanks.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:17 pm

With the KeyGuard? plugin you can finally:

* Use Keyboard Inputs to Launch Actions in Adventure Maker. For example, make the "save dialog" popup by pressing the S, show an inventory screen by pressing the I, or navigate through hundreds of frames by using the arrow keys.

* Use Right Mouse Clicks and double-clicks in Adventure Maker. Build professional adventure games and use both mouse buttons (look, talk, investigate, combine, hints, etc...).

* Use Mouse-In and Mouse-Out events on hotspots in Adventure Maker. Make sure to try out the sample game included in the plugin package to see the Mouse-Over feature in action!

KeyGuard has also a small audio engine so each keypress can be accorded with a sound!
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch