Music Maker Song Competition... - One New Rule!!!

This forum is meant for showing off your music creations and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Music Maker Song Competition... - One New Rule!!!

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi. I just thought I'd throw a little competition to see who can come up with the best music maker song. I haven't decided on any prizes yet, so at the moment it's just for fun. If I decide to add prizes, I'll post here...

So if you would like to enter this competition or would perhaps like to judge it, simply post here.

*** RULES ***

Generally, I'll accept all songs. But there are a few rules:

> It has to be made with Music Maker that is included in Adventure Maker.* I don't mind if you've converted it to MP3 or WAV, but you must supply the original .mia file to verify that it was indeed created with Music Maker.

> Though there aren't any categories, could you specify whether it was made for a game or another purpose. It'll make for much fairer judging...

> It has to be at least 25 seconds in length.

* I am aware there is another Music Maker called MAGIX Music Maker. You may use this to convert the song to MP3 or WAV, or add effects, but the original song must be made with AM Music Maker. I hope that clarifies any confusion.

*** NEW RULE ***

> Each contestant can enter up to five songs in the contest. But please note, I will be judging the best INDIVIDUAL song. So while entering mutliple songs may give you a better chance, it doesn't have any bearing on the judging of others' songs.

I haven't set a deadline yet, but I'll give a good notice when I've set one. The winner will be informed on this forum (perhaps they'll receive a new avatar - musician of the year - lol).

If you decide to enter, I wish you good luck. Remember, this is just for a bit of fun and to see what we can come up with using MM.

Once again, good luck! :)

Chromegloss
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Jaked » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03 pm

I'm working on a 45 second choir thing with MM. So whatevs... I have nothing better to do! So I'm signing up. I'll attatch the ZIP file when I'm done with it.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Count

Postby Harvester » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Count me in. Just give a deadline as soon as possible.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:06 pm

I'm also in :)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Good luck to all of you. :)

I haven't set a deadline yet, so don't worry.

I will tell you at least THREE weeks in advance before the confirmed deadline, so you'll have plenty of time to finish your songs.
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Question about mia file: If I save an arrangement in Music Maker it's an .mmm file.Found nothing to save as .mia :(
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 pm

The Music Maker that comes with AM does save files as .mia :wink:
Maybe you've meant MAGIX Music Maker?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh... I was referring to the music maker that comes supplied with Adventure Maker.

You must have MAGIX Music Maker.

I also have that program.

However... This contest was designed for songs made exclusively with music maker (to give all AM owners a chance).

I might change the rules, but for now, it's only songs that are made using Music Maker that comes with Adventure Maker.

Sorry...

If I change the rules I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:40 pm

In order to make it clearer, I've changed the wording in the General Rules in your first post a bit:
> It has to be made with Music Maker that is included in Adventure Maker.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Mystery wrote:In order to make it clearer, I've changed the wording in the General Rules in your first post a bit:
> It has to be made with Music Maker that is included in Adventure Maker.

Thank you for that Mystery. :)

I've actually made the text bold so it's even clearer.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Rules

Postby Harvester » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 pm

I think these rules are fair as they are. If you would change it to let people use other softwares, the whole competition would become unfair, since someone with tons of high quality softwares and instruments could easily win and it would become more of a competition of wealth/technical stuff than talent.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm

I agree Harvester.

It is MM competition to give all users of Adventure Maker a chance. While I certainly am not adverse to the use of other software... I did not want to give some members an unfair advantage over others.

However, just to clarify once more to all those who wish to take part:

You are allowed to use other music software to convert the file to MP3 or WAV if you feel it will sound better. You may also add effects to the music using other music software. However, you may NOT add samples to the music, all the original music must come from MM.

I will be judging based more of the quality of your composition, converting to MP3 or WAV simply increases the sound-quality (which is a good thing).
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Sorry

Postby Harvester » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Sorry to still make a comment, but have you taken into consideration the use of soft synths? I think that way the sounding can REALLY be improved, but still the better ones are not available for many... I understand what you have written, and now I'm talking against my own interest, but I hope you will take this fact into consideration also if you haven't before.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

I have taken that into account Harvester and I know exactly what you mean, maybe I wasn't too clear...

I will be judging based on the composition rather than the quality of the sound. By that I mean, whether you post it as MIDI, MP3 or WAV, it doesn't matter.

Whether you add effects... it doesn't matter.

All people entering must supply the original .mia file as proof that the song was created with AM.

I will accept a certain number of after-effects put on the music, but I will be judging based on the composition itself.

One thing I will not allow is people making a tiny segment of the song with MM and then sampling it together with songs made on other software. The song will be discarded as worthless for the competition.

The whole song must be made with Music Maker.

Therefore, if you choose to supply me with an MP3 or WAV, I should be able to open the .mia file and hear the exact same notes, melodies, tunes etc.

The only reason I allow the use of other software is because you can only make a 2 and 1/2 minute song with MM (120 bpm). If you would like to make a longer song, certain software allows you to put two midis together into another song.

The easiast thing to do would be to supply me with one of the three options (prefarably the first:)

> The final MIDI file and the origianl .mia file
> The final MP3 file and the original .mia file
> The final WAV file and the original .mia file

Either of those three is acceptable.

Basically, the bottom line is:

The whole song must have been composed entirely with music maker and evidence must be provided of that fact. I allow the use of after-effects and conversion tools but they will not contribute to the final judging in any significant way. I'm looking for good compositions.

I hope that clears it up for you.

If you have any other issues please ask...
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Everything

Postby Harvester » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Everything clear now, thanks :wink:

I hope there will be many contestants with great songs (and I hope I will be one of them since I haven't used MM yet seriously...)

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Shafayat » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Count me in. :lol:
Shafayat

Return to Music