The Room & The Apartment *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK*

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Room & The Apartment *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK*

Postby St Anger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 pm

We at "Dagon Productions" and "Denebis Entertainment", proudly presents:

The Room: A Prequel to The Apartment
http://www.zshare.net/download/204267643a317fe2/ (Use this one.)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVPGQOV2
http://www.turboupload.com/files/get/Se ... xe.torrent (torrent file)

And

The Apartment: A Sequel to The Room: A Prequel to The Apartment
http://www.zshare.net/download/2042211928913219/ (Use this one.)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XVK79I6
http://www.turboupload.com/files/get/SW ... xe.torrent (torrent file)

And both:
http://www.turboupload.com/files/get/gG ... ar.torrent (torrent file)

What is this crap?
"The Room" and "The Apartment" is a first person adventure games with a twisted sense of humor. They may appear a bit crude, but these are games that you should not take seriously and the whole point with them is to make you laugh.

Story
In "The Room" you are playing a character who is trapped in a room and have to escape.
In "The Apartment" you are playing the same character as in "The Room", but this time he have to escape from an apartment.
That's it.

Background
In 2005 we borrowed a camera for a weekend and decided to a make a little game out of the photos. The result was "Rummet"("The Room" in Swedish) a crude little game that we never released to the public.
In beginning of 2008 we remade and translated "Rummet", and this time we released it to the public as "The Room". After the released "The Room" we got the idea to make a sequel, that would be a lot bigger, better and funnier. In the summer of 08, we started the production of "The Apartment" and after a lot of hard and unpaid work, we are finally done.

Final Words
We hope you are going to enjoy these games and that they doesn't waste to much of your valuable time.
If you get stuck, there is a walkthrough in the same folder as the game, but I hope you shouldn't have to use to often. There is also a walkthrough on the website: http://dagonproductions.blogg.se/category/home.html
If there is a problem of any kind, please send a email so that we may fix the problem.
And finally we like to warn you that these games contains some strong profanity and suggestive sexual themes.

Have Fun!

Website: http://dagonproductions.blogg.se/category/home.html
Email: dagon.productions@gmail.com
Last edited by St Anger on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 am, edited 10 times in total.
St Anger

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey, here you are again!

It's nice that you developed a new game...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby St Anger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:Hey, here you are again!

It's nice that you developed a new game...

Don't praise before you have played the game, you might regret it. :wink:

I appreciate that you think it's nice that we make a new game. It's encouraging thats someone likes that we are making games and gives us the desire to make future games.

I would like to make a little request. I would like to know how long it took to finish "The Apartment"?
St Anger

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Seems to be very nice and uses some good techniques...

I didn't have time to finish it, I 'll do tomorrow...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Candle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:54 pm

403 - Forbidden
Is what i get on the torrents.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby St Anger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Candle wrote:403 - Forbidden
Is what i get on the torrents.

Thats is strange? When does it happens? Does it come when you start downloading the game, or when you try to download the torrent file?
St Anger

Postby Candle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:37 pm

When I click the links I get that page.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby St Anger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Candle wrote:When I click the links I get that page.

There shouldn't be any problem with the website, because I tried it just now and it worked.

Have you tried to enter the site a second and a third time. Do you have any problem with your Internet connection? Have you tried another browser(Firefox, Safari, Opera or Explorer) or tried to restart your computer?
St Anger

Postby Candle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:01 pm

I had them open in IE and i remove your links as you are linking to a warez torrent site and we can't have that.
You need to find a legal torrent site to host it with.
Like here
http://beta.legaltorrents.com/
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby St Anger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Candle wrote:I had them open in IE and i remove your links as you are linking to a warez torrent site and we can't have that.
You need to find a legal torrent site to host it with.
Like here
http://beta.legaltorrents.com/

I have uploaded the torrent file on a web-hosting site now. I'm wondering, why it isn't OK with uploading files on pages like seedpeer,Thepiratebay and mininova? The pages aren't illegal, it's what people put in them and I think it's a good way to distribute larger files?
Don't get me wrong, I don't support piracy and I think piracy is destroying the pc-game market. I'm just curious thats all.

Edit: I just discovered that I could attach files in the post. It didn't say anything about attaching torrent-files, so I just wondered that it's okay for you guys to do that?
Last edited by St Anger on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St Anger

Postby Candle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Linking to them can get GM in trouble just as much as posting the file here.
So best not to link to any site that has any files like that.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Alternatively, you may upload your game to one or more of these free hosting services:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1302
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby St Anger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:22 pm

GM-Support wrote:Alternatively, you may upload your game to one or more of these free hosting services:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1302

I have been looking through a lot of those sites and either they have some limitations or that I can get them to work properly on my computer. I'm still looking tough and I will try to use my sisters computer later on. Any tips on a good page, with a minimum of 500mb and unlimited download?
St Anger

Get

Postby Harvester » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Get a free website host, they usually (in Hungary for example) provide at least 500MB. Then create a basic website with just the download link and upload. Or I don't know what Candle and other moderators/admins would think about making an own torrent site, so it is guaranteed that there is no illegal content there, only your game. I guess that can be done by many torrent downloaders or so, but ask them first.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Get

Postby St Anger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Harvester wrote:Get a free website host, they usually (in Hungary for example) provide at least 500MB. Then create a basic website with just the download link and upload. Or I don't know what Candle and other moderators/admins would think about making an own torrent site, so it is guaranteed that there is no illegal content there, only your game. I guess that can be done by many torrent downloaders or so, but ask them first.

Harvester

Do you know any good site? I don't know any html-coding so it's have to be easy to upload files. And it's have to be as I told before, at least 500mb( to fit both game, I would need around 600mb)
St Anger

Postby Jaked » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Heh, how about, The Car: Sequels to the Room and the Apartment??? That'd be cool. Tell me if your going to make a sequel to a sequel.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby St Anger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Jaked wrote:Heh, how about, The Car: Sequels to the Room and the Apartment??? That'd be cool. Tell me if your going to make a sequel to a sequel.

How about: "The Neighborhood: A Sequel to The Apartment: A Sequel to The Room: A Prequel to The Apartment" Phew...don't make me say that again. :wink:

Seriously, there will not be any direct sequel to "The Apartment". I have some ideas for a spin-off game. But I don't have any intention to make a new game in that franchise anytime soon.
St Anger

Postby mercedes » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi St.Anger..

Have u tried Zshare..? its unlimited uploads and downloads..~..I beleive so is FileFront..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby St Anger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 pm

mercedes wrote:Hi St.Anger..

Have u tried Zshare..? its unlimited uploads and downloads..~..I beleive so is FileFront..:)

I have tried both Zshaer and filefront and neither work that well. On Zshare it stopped uploading at 11% and on filefront it was really slow( Like 4kb/s) and that would take like 50 hours to upload "The Apartment".
I will try again tomorrow and see if gets any faster then.

Edit: Now both the games are available on "Zshare". You can find the links on the main post, or here:
http://www.zshare.net/download/204267643a317fe2/ (The Room)
http://www.zshare.net/download/2042211928913219/ (The Apartment)
St Anger

Postby Jaked » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Glad to hear you're making a spinoff! Will it be a series or a single project??? Just curious, Jaked :) .
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby St Anger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Jaked wrote:Glad to hear you're making a spinoff! Will it be a series or a single project??? Just curious, Jaked :) .

The spinoff will be a series of smaller games, where every game has a own beginning and a end, but with overhanging story connects them. But right now I'm planning stand-alone game, with a serious story this time.

Just curious, which of the two games have you played?
St Anger

Postby Mystery » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Sounds good :)
Unfortunately Zshare seems to be down at the moment, at least I can't get it to load. Gonna try tomorrow again :)
Mystery

Postby Jaked » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm

which of the two games have you played?

I've played the Room when the topic STARTED! Neat game. Haven't gotten to the Apartment yet.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby St Anger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Mystery wrote:Sounds good :)
Unfortunately Zshare seems to be down at the moment, at least I can't get it to load. Gonna try tomorrow again :)

I notice that to. DAMMIT! I hope it work again tomorrow and I hope for theres sake that I don't have to upload the games again. It took 3 hours to upload "The Apartment" and 1 hour for "The Room", so 4 HOURS TOTAL! Thats a lot of waiting. :(

EDIT: And they still WORKS !!!:D
Last edited by St Anger on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St Anger

Postby Mystery » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Zshare is up again :D
Mystery

Postby St Anger » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Sense there has passed now a couple of days. I 'm wondering what you think about the games?

Please post and say what you think is good/bad. I'm especially curious about "The Apartment", sense it was designed as a game from the very start. Not like "The Room", that was some photos that we made a game of.
St Anger

Postby Candle » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:17 pm

``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby St Anger » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks for the help!

I haven't tried to download the files yet, but does I have to use "7zip" or can I use "Winrar"?
St Anger

Return to New Games Announcements