I love the community spirit here...

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I love the community spirit here...

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 pm

I just have to say it, but I love the sense of community there is here.

Essentially, the one purpose of this forum is to inform people about AM and discuss its various features etc.

It could have been a soulless, boring forum with no spirit what-so-ever.

But it's quite the opposite. There's a sense of humor and fun about the place. We're all here to make games, but you've got to enjoy yourself as well. And that's what I like...

It's also a wonderfully diverse forum, and there are so many different personalties here. Whether they are only occassional posters or one of the forum regulars, everybody delivers their own personal contribution. Whether it's Harvester's great music, Shadow's fantastic plugins, Jaked's enthusiasm. Heck, I could go on for ages, there are so many helpful, informative, inquisitive, colorful people on this forum...

There's a thread in AM General Discussion about the most important people in AM History. Well this is my thread, and my thanks to ALL the AM forum members, that make the AM development community such as great one to be a part of...

Many thanks to all...

Chromegloss :wink:
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Great thread Chromegloss :D

I have to agree with you - there are a lot of great members with different backgrounds and skills, and it's really phantastic how the collaboration has been working lately. :D
I feel that helping each other out with tutorials, scripting, tipps for creating artwork, offering music and so on, is working very well; and that a humorous, tolerant and encouraging co-operation has been established on the forums.
I'm very happy with it :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Actully, I really like this post, but I'll add a little twist of it:

As you may know about my age, I find it kind of cool that I can speak to adults without having to be all formal like to teachers, and parents of kids. See, this forum has a little different meaning to a 7th grader who's kind of a computer whiz/geek. See, our school is private, so many groups form and there much more important than in public school. And in these groups, if you mess up a math test and get a 94, or accidently do something like hold a pen in your hand, you're dead. So, this is a kind of refuge. That''s how I look at it.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 pm

That's a really interesting spin on things chickens1127...

But this is definately one forum where age doesn't really matter too much. We all reply to each other with the same level of respect and maturity.

Obviously some forum members are more familiar with each other than others and often share a little joke here and there, but we're all very friendly here.

If there's one thing that I love about these forums, that I don't see on other similar forums, it's the 'welcome to the forums' message that Mystery, Candle, Lyberodoggy and many others give to new members when they make their first post. It's a great way to welcome people to the AM development community...

Anyway, getting back on topic. I can really see your point. There's nothing worse than being a kid and having condescending adults talking down to you all the time. Sometimes you just wanna have a chat right? Well if it's about AM or games, this is right place to do it!
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 am

Speaking of ages..I have to say, the younger people that do come here and contribute to the forums....are Good Kids..and very smart..!~ I'm not saying "kids" to be condescending, i really mean that..I have nieces and nephews, and at this age, they we're just rotten..lol..especially my one nephew..:P but I love them..:D None the less, just had to add that..very intelligent people here. One of the reasons, why as an adult i wouldn't dream of speaking down to them...they know more than most adults do for crying out loud! I can only imagine where they'll be 10 years from now..:D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:19 am

When I joined the the forums, I really did it just to get help with AM and programming. Then, after two or three tutorials that I read and liked, I started creating tutorials of my own in order to practice in programming. Soon I became forum-addicted, standing there, hitting F5 (Refresh button) and waiting for a response.

I 've had a great year with you guys, so I need to thank you!

And thanks to those who helped me and took me seriously, even though I 'm not at their age.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Candle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:When I joined the the forums, I really did it just to get help with AM and programming. Then, after two or three tutorials that I read and liked, I started creating tutorials of my own in order to practice in programming. Soon I became forum-addicted, standing there, hitting F5 (Refresh button) and waiting for a response.

And thanks to those who helped me and took me seriously, even though I 'm not at their age.

You've done a good job .. I made the right decision making you a mod and Mystery an Admin.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:When I joined the the forums, I really did it just to get help with AM and programming. Then, after two or three tutorials that I read and liked, I started creating tutorials of my own in order to practice in programming. Soon I became forum-addicted, standing there, hitting F5 (Refresh button) and waiting for a response.

You're a great moderator and a fantastic person to work with on AM projects Doggy. I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't take you seriously. :)

We all obviously have real lives, friends, obligations, jobs, schools, hobbies etc... whatever. But... equally so, I find spending time on this forum equally as enjoyable, which for me, is very rare on internet sites (some of them you just wanna get off as quick as possible lol!)

I'm also so impressed with the sheer talent of some of our memebers and I'm so glad they choose to share it with us. I feel privelaged in that way... :)

It's not just the 'regulars' who are great either, may I add. Many of the newer members are great people as well. They've already become large parts of the community.

One thing's for sure, I'm definately gonna be sticking around... 8)
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Yeah me too...
Even if I freak out when I can't get some scripts to work :lol:

Thanks for your good words guys.

And, yeah I believe that there are members that aren't frequent posters, but are a great part of the community too
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Yeah

Postby Harvester » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm glad that I also found this topic, seems nice, and I like to see how people open up their hearts writing here. So here I join the line.

I found AM after developing small fun-games with TGF and other clickteam stuff, and got to like it after the first sight. So I started using AM... had the ideas, but never completed any of them. Now the thing that changed is that I have the ideas but not the time and energy to make a game out of them. The first occasion that I think that I can really make something again just happened in the days when I saw the new AM contest. Now I feel I have the graphical and other programs needed to make what I want and AM also gained nice new functions. But I got away from the topic a bit.

So like mentioned by others before, I'm also addicted to this forum. Here you can get great feedback from people who you can get to know by the time. There are really interesting people here, from different nationalities, and as we can see in some cases, from different cultural regions also, which gives the really international feeling to this familiar forum. I like the blend of ages, nations, and for me it is a rare thing that I see members from both sexes on a game maker forum :oops: I must confess that it made me surprised, and I like this also very much! This all shows how good and friendly this community is. I bow donw in front of you all and say thanks for everybody who takes part in it!

Well, I usually feel that I'm the only mod who doesn't really deserve this title since I rarely do anything useful, but now more people asked me to compose music for their games and I hope on the way of melodies I can become a truly useful member here.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Yea, I am definatly the youngest here. If you think of it, how many just 12 year olds do you know making video games? It's kinda cool.

Anyways, I have found time for the forums but not for my games. AM Brawl is moving slowly, but it will get done by October 30th.

So yeah, I don't really contribute much becuase I'm not that much of an expert with AM. But I try to just make good threads and add culture. I hope in 2009 to excel up into the HIGH hundreds (EX:800) and maybe become a mod...

But I'm not too worried about that. Anyways, I want to create a plug-in to make online games through AM. That's in the months to come.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Well I've only posted 380 times and I've been here for the best part of a year now.

It's actually only recently I started posting very frequently, before I'd posted and then 'vanished' every now and again...
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Re: Yeah

Postby Mystery » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Harvester wrote:I like the blend of ages, nations, and for me it is a rare thing that I see members from both sexes on a game maker forum :oops: I must confess that it made me surprised, and I like this also very much!

Well, I usually feel that I'm the only mod who doesn't really deserve this title since I rarely do anything useful, but now more people asked me to compose music for their games and I hope on the way of melodies I can become a truly useful member here.

Harvester

I had to giggle about your remark because indeed players who play my games (either made with AM, or my "change the URL riddles") automatically think that I'm male - and of course I enjoy telling them that Mystery is a she, and see their surprised reactions :lol:
It seems that doing anything that requires logical thinking is still received as "male domain" :roll: But we're here on this forums to prove that independent of gender, age, and current skills, everyone can contribute, and can learn new things :)

Now don't tell that you haven't done much useful! You've helped in the previous contest a lot; you have made a lot of useful posts; and when I started out to work with 3D software with no experience at all, you had your thread going on with your first creations. I've seen that members have been very encouraging, gave you tipps etc., so this encouraged me to go on practicing and not to let myself deter :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Well

Postby Harvester » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Well, I didn't know that you are a she actually :oops: I'm glad you don't see my face know since it is quite funny and I would be embarassed if anyone would see it :) Nevermind, nice surprise! I guess it's not a surprise that I am male, so I don't strenghten the female line, sorry :)

I'm glad if I've already helped, I hope I will do a good service in the future as well. Kind of funny that -if I remember correctly- we almost started the whole 3d modelling thing in the same time :) And maybe -if I manage to make it- my contest game will be a game you will all remember. At least I try to do my best to show what can be done with AM, without scripting.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Actually, it's kinda strange how you can "tell" what sex somebody is even over the internet.

People just seemed to know that I'm male without me even saying it. (Although I guess the voicework I did for Lyberodoggy kinda gave it away!) :lol:

Either way, I don't believe in this whole thing of 'women must do this' and 'men must do that'. We live in an even society, so people of both sexes should be allowed to do whatever they choose.

I'm glad that this forum showcases that... :)
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Well you would think chickens is a girl, but...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Hah! I won't be turning twelve for a few months yet I am making full-scale real-time FPS and Adventure Games!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:12 pm

you're 11? Wow.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Erm, why do you ask? :shock:
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:30 pm

You said you will be turning 12 soon. I though you we're older. That's all.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Jaked » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Nope.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Refer to your previous post on this thread.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

chickens1127 wrote:Refer to your previous post on this thread.

What's this about Chickenz..just curious..:)..I wondered who u were speaking too..:P
mercedes
VIP

Return to General Chat