Nihon University at Mishima Virtual tour (with guide)

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Nihon University at Mishima Virtual tour (with guide)

Postby sugawara » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 am

Hello, I think this is the right place to put this, hopefully, but i finished a project that i was making to test out some ideas for AM, and i have but one or two glitches in it (simple to fix but not up to it right now). please take a look at let me know what you the AM forum dwellers think of it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2197f12cca680be3d2db6fb9a8902bda
sugawara

Postby GM-Support » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks for posting it!
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 pm

It's good...

But I think you should disable the hotspot for talking while the guy is talking because if you hit it twice you end up with two timed events and can't see anything..

To do that just make the hotspot visible only if a variable is 0, then make it so that when it's clicked the variable goes to 1.

Then in the last timed event have the variable go back to 0
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi there..

If you look at the tutorial for creating custom avatars and scripting..the very last script i put there..I updated it awhile ago to include disabling the hotspot where the dialogue is.. so that it prevents the user from hitting it again...and the conversation going haywire..:)

Also you can do this..

Put another text on the frame..that says "Repeat?"
Make sure you put in the Frames Advanced
Code: Select all
Text(index).Caption=""
---This way they don't see it.
At the very end of the dialogue...Enable the hotspot where TEXT(index) is[ where you have the Word "Repeat?"

Then Repeat will show..at the end...and they have the option to review it again..or you can put additional text..that sends u to another frame..or whichever..

put in the hotspot that says "Repeat?" Enable the hotspot where conversation is..

Let me know if that is clear to you..:)

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:02 am

hello all,

i like your second idea mercedes for putting in a text box with repeat? but im not sure how i would accomplish that. it isnt as clear to as it might sound, sorry im kind of dumb at this lol. otherwise that would greatly help me on my next project as well, so if you could please give me a bit more detail, or just spell it out for a dummy like me lol.
sugawara

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:03 am

Lyberodoggy wrote:It's good...

But I think you should disable the hotspot for talking while the guy is talking because if you hit it twice you end up with two timed events and can't see anything..

To do that just make the hotspot visible only if a variable is 0, then make it so that when it's clicked the variable goes to 1.

Then in the last timed event have the variable go back to 0

what VB code would you need to and where to put it to set it back to zero again in the last timed event?

thanks!
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:30 am

Suga...between my idea and Lyberodoggy's..They're 2 different ideas..You can choose which you would like best..I'll describe mine..:)

Hotspot(index).enabled = False
--This goes after first line of code in the conversation.

In the same hotspot..at the bottom of the conversation--at the very end of it..put this--

Action.CreateTimedEvent 5, "Text(1).caption=""whatever is said  last"""
Action.CreateTimedEvent 5, "Text(3).Caption = ""Repeat?"""

All happening at the same time..so that when the conversation is over.."Repeat?" will show up on the frame..

Right click on the frame and write it as well---"Repeat?"

Put a hotspot over top of Repeat--and put in there..
Hotspot(index).Enabled = True---where conversation is [index]--this will activate it again

Put in the frames advanced
Text(index).caption = ""
--make sure you put index of where "Repeat" is..~

Don't get confused with where hotspot[index] and Text[index] is..:)

This is done without variables...You can choose to do so with variables if you like..:)

Lyberodoggy's idea..is similar..Only that way you can really "disable" and "enable" the hotspot by using variables.....What im doing is "Hiding" it..until i reveal it..

Repeat is hidden because of the Text(index).caption="" in the frames advance..then i reveal it in the Timed event.

With using variables..
In the same hotspot where conversation is..Go to Variables TAB and create a variable called "convo" Have it become = 1
At the bottom of the same variables tab...put only visible when convo is =1

At the end of conversation in the last timed event..write--
convo = 0

With this you can still do Repeat as well..Only in the hotspot over the word "Repeat" put in the bottom Portion of the variables tab..Only visible when convo = 0

But you still have to do what i put in the Frames Advance..and put it in the timed event too i believe to reveal the word itself..

That should do it..~:)

Let me know if this helps..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:16 am

ok, so i put the convo = 0 at the bottom of the Vb script in the conversation button. and i also put convo becomes 1 when i click the button AND i also put the button is only visible when convo = 0... however the buton does not dissapear from sight and come back, it stays on screen the whole time... hmm

yeah i dont get it, i understand logic, but this doesnt want to work for me, hmm
1. when the user clicks the hotspot, the variable must become 1 (default is 0)

2. The hotspot is only visible when the variable = 0

3. convo = 0 at the end of the timed conversation dialogs in the hotspot
Last edited by sugawara on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 am

Hi there...at this point im assuming you mean the Repeat button..?

That is why you put in the frames advance..

Text(index).caption = "" This will make the word transparent..

After putting that..test it and you shouldn't see the word Repeat..

Is that what you are talking about..?
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 am

no, out of time and simplicity sake right now, im going with the variable mode, and its not workin, i wonder if my laptop has a problem with some parts of AM considering that even the music worked on my desktop but not on my laptop.
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 am

If you use the variable mode...and you want to use the Repeat button or any text button....You have to do both..put the code into frame as well..the text(index).caption =""

You can't use TEXT with a variable...u have to make it transparent..but the hotspot can be used with a variable..u put on top of it..but it won't make text transparent..without puttin that code into the frames advanced...

I hope that helps make it a bit clearer..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:54 am

hmmm it should make it clearer, but i havent put in any extra scripting at all. to this point, all i have done in the hotspot is add the variable as lybberdoggy and you had suggested:
( create a variable, put it in the hotspot, say that it changes to = 1 when clicked, then put it in the box that the hotspot is visible when = 0 and finally i put the "variable name" = 0 at the end of the VB script in the hotspot.) i think you explained it that way when i asked about how lybberdoggy meant to do with just variables, so all i did was with the variables and one line of code "variable name" = 0 at the end of the VB script i already had in the hotspot.

up to this point i dont have any of the vb script you have generously written out, but since the ~Love to~ variables dont work, i might have to give that a try, im just a bit concerned on the adding of more vb script to the previous scripting that is there.

but if i could get it to work with just the variables that would be fine, but following the instructions precisely and it still seems to not work...
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 pm

I see...so at this point..you only have one text on the frame...where the conversation is happening then..?

and In the Variable tab your have in the upper portion..

--convo must become = 1
--Bottom portion--hotspot must be visible when convo =1
This is all done in the same hotspot

In the script..make sure the convo=0 is included in the timed event..

Action.CreateTimedEvent, [time same as the very last one] ""convo=0"""--You may have to play around with this..i think this is right..You may be able to just put convo=0

In the Frames Advanced..put

Text[index].caption="" -----You have to put this

It won't work unless you put the text in the frame..as transparent..make sure its the right index..of the text..not the hotspot.

If you do have another hotspot and it is for repeat..put the repeat as i described above in t he timed event..and also make sure the hotspot on top of repeat..is not visible until convo = 0

For every text you have on the frame..you have to put this in the frames advanced

Text[index].caption = "" replacing index with the right index..
Dont put anything in between the quotes.

So if you have repeat..make sure you have this in the frames advanced as well for repeat..

If this doesn't help..Please describe more detail..in terms of how many texts you have on the frame...and hotspots..please..:)

You can try my way if you want..it involves no variables..and i have it exactly as it should be as you would probably just copy and paste it..replacing indexes and times
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:49 am

so if i have a text box on the page, then i automatically have to have the scripting in it?

this is getting confusing, im sorry, i thought i could just get a hotspot to dissapear and then reappear after a script had been run by putting in "variable name" = 0?

i think im gonna upload a zipped project file and see if i can get ya to look at it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnjw2hhzga

maybe if you could take a look mercedes, and show me on one of my pages what you mean? i apologize for asking you to do it, but i appreciate it, i will also keep trying on my own as life and wife allows

NOTE: Text[index].caption="" where do i find this [index] ? i have no idea what this refers to
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:15 am

Ok i'll look at this..and get right back to you here...i will edit this post..so check back for it ok...:)

This will only take me a few minutes i h ope..lol..

*EDIT*

Sorry it took so long..took me forever to download and upload this..You would think i didn't have highspeed..:?

I did it differently...no variables...now i'm assuming this is what u wanted..You wanted "Repeat" on the frame..and you wanted it so the user couldn't hit the hotspot where the Mouth was either..so it could make conversation go smoothly..no interuption..

Test frame Building # 13

1---Look at the Frame Properties [Advanced TAB]
2---Look At hotspot # 1 where the button to click is for conversation..[Advanced TAB]--where the timed events are.
3---And finally look at Hotspot where Repeat is..

Index means the number for the hotspot or textbox..if you point your mouse at the hotspot you see where it says hotspot # 1---1 is the index :)

By the way...Your music files are huge..I don't know if that played a part with why they wouldn't play..

For future reference..i don't know if you know this..but AM has a Batch and Resize tool that comes with it..for picture files..
If you want, next time before importing them into AM, import them into the Batch and resize and it will resize or simply batch them and make them much smaller files..Thereby making your project alot smaller in size to download..:D

Peace

Here is LINK
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:47 am

thankyou! so hopefully when i get back to my office in a couple of days i can take al ook at this, i dont want to do it here for fear the computer will stop functioning, its a shitty one, not to mention its in japanese, and my speaking is ok, but my reading and writing is crap lol.

i found why my music didnt work, for some reason my laptop wouldnt let me hear it, i still cant hear it lol i dont know why, but windows vista basic might have a problem with the AM program!
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:25 am

Ah..ok didn't know it was Vista..of course.

And yes i wouldn't use it on a pc that has Japanese or Chinese Characters..AM has known issued with those language packs....

Ok well Goodluck and I hope you like it..:D

Please post back and let me know..

One Last thing..

Did you want the Avatar to do that..where it jumps in and out between sentences..?.I wondered if you did or not..and we're only accepting it cause it was part of the Script..:).That feature really is for,.. more than one Avatar on the SAME frame...Not that it's a huge deal..Just wondered if you wanted like that..:)

Let me know..cause i can change that if you like..or show u here how too..":)

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby sugawara » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:13 am

mercedes wrote:Did you want the Avatar to do that..where it jumps in and out between sentences..?.I wondered if you did or not..and we're only accepting it cause it was part of the Script..:).That feature really is for,.. more than one Avatar on the SAME frame...Not that it's a huge deal..Just wondered if you wanted like that..:)

Let me know..cause i can change that if you like..or show u here how too..":)

Peace

actually no, i dont always want the same avatar to jump in and out. in my new project some characters have more dialog than others and it would be nice to have the avatar stay on the whole time for all the dialog then change when the next person talks. (optimally as well like i posted in the other thread, id love it if it was simple enough to just push a button over and over to foward the dialog, so if you see this lybberdoggy, i left you a message in the other thread lol)

thanks for all the help!
sugawara

Postby mercedes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Then if that is the case..In the timed event u created, don't load the avatar in between with the events..Only load it the once..--If you choose to still go this way....
I left u a message in the other thread..I think that is what u are looking for..Lyberodoggy's code method of the select case is the easiest way of doing it as well..:), and I believe what u are looking for..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:05 pm

If you need the avatar to stay on just modify the cleardialogue sub to only unload the picture if one argument is set to a certain value.
example:

sub ClearDialogue(clearAvatar)
If clearAvatar=True then
Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(Action.GetMergedHotspotIndex), ""
Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(Action.GetMergedHotspotIndex+1), ""
end if
Text(Action.GetMergedTextIndex).caption=""
End Sub

Now if you type ClearDialogue True the avatar will be reset too and if you type just ClearDialogue the avatar will stay but the text will be cleared
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:36 am

That's handy, to know..I just understood now what Sugawara wanted..i thought the avatar was to stay..meaning only one avatar..I see now that there is more than one..

Perfect, nice code..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to New Games Announcements