Truth

This is the place to show your story ideas for games etc, Double Post allowed here.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Truth

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I've recently been toying with a new idea for a game, and I wanted to see if it made sense to anyone here. So, here it goes. Most of the names in here are tentative, and some may not make it into the final game.

The setup for the game is classic: the player awakes to find that they have washed up on the shores of a beautiful island called Isla Bonita with amazing architecture, sparkling fountains, statues, gardens, the works. The player is welcomed into the city on the island, called Luxonia, given the grand tour and a large apartment to stay in (the people here haven't had visitors in a while). The place is perfect, and it seems, devoid of crime and wrongdoing.

However, throughout the city, (if they're observant) the player should notice strange manholes with black hats painted on them. Later, a young boy wearing a similar black hat wakes the player in their apartment in the middle of the night (no need to lock doors on an island with no crime, right?). The boy says something about how the player walked through Luxonia, as though they had never seen a place like it. If that's the case, then maybe they can see that not everything is right on Isla Bonita.

This is a game filled with secret tunnels, and a very deep backstory. I'm really excited about it!
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Cool story! Is this a religious mystery adventure or a mystery adventure or neither? Yes, I believe it would be the best we've had since On Assignment (the demo, at least) or Mayabin's demo, or it's prequel!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 am

Thanks, Jaked. This is, in fact, a story for a Christian game, but I think everyone will like it. Speaking of Christian adventure games, have you heard of the new game called Heaven? It's going to be big...

http://www.heaventhegame.com/

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 am

Awesome! I am a devout Christian and I only play very Christian games or games where your a detective.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:07 pm

I was going to develop a trilogy based on christian religion but I 'm lacking in artists. Look for it in the artwork section with the name The Chapel
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I feel bad, I aren't that religous. Well, when I do go to church, I am a protestant.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:35 pm

I 'm supposed to be orthodox, but I cannot believe.. Maybe it's just the age
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:08 pm

I go to a Nazarene church, but I don't really care for denominations. We have a common savior, right?

I love to see this kind of conversation, especially on non-church message boards. The reason I like adventure games so much is because so much of the nastiness in mainstream games is absent in most adventure games.

To avoid getting yelled at, I'm going to steer this back on topic. Back to the story!

The boy that comes to wake you up in the middle of the night takes you down to the street, and pulls back the cover on one of the strange manholes. He acknowledges that it smells bad, but urges you to climb down.

When the two of you reach the bottom, you notice a bridge running over an open sewer (hence the smell the boy mentioned). On the other side of the river of you-know-what are three tunnels. The boy welcomes you to the ugly side of the "city of the surface", saying that this is where he and his family live. He crosses the bridge swiftly and starts down one of the tunnels, then urges you to follow. He wants you to meet his family. Somewhere in all of this, he mentions that his name is Bartholomew.

This is a game that will require lots of live actors, kind of like Mayabin.

EDIT: I would like to add that this is only meant to give the basic idea of the story. Not very much of this is concrete yet.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:56 pm

It sounds good, I 'd like to see it in production.
The hard thing is finding someone to make the artwork. If you have any problems with coding, we 're here to help
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm ok with making artwork (my forum avatar is a little something I made in SketchUp for another game), but any help with VBS coding would be appreciated. Keep in mind though, I will be adding some more local team members... eventually. :)

EDIT: I probably won't be revealing much more of the story until closer to when the game is released.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby MRM2811 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Wow.

Im getting a tingle of H.G Wells time machine and quakers rolled into one vibe.

Sounds great Zenoc2.

Please keep us posted.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Return to Storylines