Go to next frame timer cheat?

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Go to next frame timer cheat?

Postby Sunny Day » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 am

I want the game to launch, so a title image is seen, then a developer image, then a go to the menu page, so the user can then use the aplication. If we had a timer we could have it set to go to these 3 pages, but we dont have a timer for iphone games, so what can we do. Just how can we go from frame to frame? How can I do the opening splash screens?
Sunny Day

Postby mercedes » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 am

Hi Sunny...:)

I'm assuming you want to make it so the user goes to these pages..one right after the other...no clicking..? is that what u mean..

If so that can't be done..:(
You can however do it with clicking..

This is what you CAN do with the current version of the compiler for iPhone / iPodTouch:

- Move from frame to frame.
- Use variables to create puzzles (all the options under the "variables" tab of the Hotspot Properties are supported).
- Use both transparent and graphical hotspots.
- Display text messages at the bottom of the screen.
- Use timers to go to another frame after X seconds (from the Frame Properties window).
- Use animated GIF's.

This is what you CANNOT do with the current version of the compiler for iPhone / iPodTouch:

- Play sounds
- Use the inventory (instead, you can use a variable to remember whether the item was picked up or not: see the sample game for an example)
- Create savegames
- Play videos (use animated GIF's instead)
- Display text at any position of the frame (the text that you create by right-clicking on a frame)
- Use VBScript
- Display cursors
- Use plugins (3rd person plugin, panoramas, etc.)
- All the other advanced features.

So to move from frame to frame...you have to make hotspots..and have the user click them..and have them to go a frame of your choice..using the regular timer I suppose..

For the opening splash screen..It will have to be the first frame that loads..you would set this in the Project Properties..:)

Is this what you mean..?

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Sunny Day » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:11 am

I want the screens to come up without clicking hotspots. Also I didnt think AM had timers for iphone.
See if I have a title screen and a developer screen and the user has to click hotspots to advance to get to the main menu and actually use the application, they are going to not like this, what can be done?
Sunny Day

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 am

Well, since there's no scripting at all available and no timers, I don't believe there's something you can do...

After all many developers have their software so that you must click the splash screen to continue in mobile applications
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Sunny Day » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:52 pm

I just put hotspots to advance, looks OK, and works fine, so it will function for me OK.
Sunny Day

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi,

You do have timers for iPhone/iPodTouch.

Just right-click on a frame thumbnail and click "Properties". The "Frame Properties" window will appear. Now check the option "Enable Timer (go to another frame after a time)" and choose the destination frame and the timer duration.

Regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Oh sorry... haven't checked it :(
My bad
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch