Connectivity Problems with AM Forum & Web Sites?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Connectivity Problems with AM Forum & Web Sites?

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 am

Is anyone experiencing connection problems with the Adventure Maker Forum and Web sites? I have been experiencing some connectivity problems over the last few days.

Just checking.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 am

Do u mean like this post here... I posted this awhile back in General Chat..sometimes it drives me crazy...I get page errors alot...or timeouts---where it was painfully seloow..before it times out-- at that point i've either hit refresh 150 times..so i'm expecting the errors..:lol:

I'ts not as bad as it was though..

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4500
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Sometimes the server is downtiming...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey Mercedes, hey Lyberodoggy,

Thanks for the reply. The problem I am finding the most s with PM but sometimes with the forums as well. For instance, I had tried to send several PMs yesterday and when I hit "Submit" it banged me out to the login screen. :( This happened several times, no matter how short the message was. And I just noticed that a PM I sent to Mercedes does not exist in my Sentbox ;( [Btw Mercedes, I just sent you another message.]

I understand what you are saying, Lyberodoggy, about the down timing because I have seen that before. That I kinda recognize...it's when I am logged in and then get logged out as soon as I hit the submit button, that bothers me the most, because it happens several times when I am at my computer for a span of time. I would think that the down timing would occur during a certain period of time and then eventually stop. Yesterday it was almost continual. I also do the delete cookies thing as well, and refresh the page, etc. but no go. :( <sigh>
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:25 pm

What browser are u using 3D..? I got my message u just sent me...:) but not the one u speak of earlier....
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

mercedes wrote:What browser are u using 3D..? I got my message u just sent me...:) but not the one u speak of earlier....

I'm using good ol' Netscape 9.0. :) Yeah it's old, but it does work...at least on other sites. (IIRC, I also have tried IE and have problems before with connectivity as well.)

You should have gotten the earlier one many hours ago....but I pretty much replicated the same message in the one I sent to you, so no real content was lost. :)

Cya
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Indeed, we had some short down times lately, but that should not have the effect that you have described (automatic log-out). From what you describe, I rather suspect that it's an issue with cookies. Did you enable cookies for the AM forums?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Hey, I just wanted to add that for me FF works best..Not crazy about I.E. As Mystery said, with FF I'm able to add AM as an acceptable site to my list---for cookies. It helps..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:24 am

Hi Mercedes, Hi Mystery,

Mystery wrote:Indeed, we had some short down times lately, but that should not have the effect that you have described (automatic log-out). From what you describe, I rather suspect that it's an issue with cookies. Did you enable cookies for the AM forums?

Yep, cookies are fully enabled and have AM added as an acceptable site. I have to say, yesterday was the worse session I had in a while because I was constantly getting auto-logged out. At other times, it was like a temporary down-time thing, like Lyberodoggy state earlier. But yesterday was something else. (

mercedes wrote:Hey, I just wanted to add that for me FF works best..Not crazy about I.E. As Mystery said, with FF I'm able to add AM as an acceptable site to my list---for cookies. It helps..Smile

Yeah, I have FF. I should probably give it a whirl..I might have better results. Yeah, I don't like IE either. It's too "hack-happy" IYAM...when you see updates coming out almost every other week, you know something's up. ;).
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Google Chrome also cooperates with our forums pretty well- and, I might add, a bit faster than Firefox or IE.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, Zenoc2.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Candle » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 am

I forgot to add a dime to the meter.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:25 pm

hehe :D
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion