HOT: KeyGuard 4.0: now with bitmap cursor support demo v.2

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby cristina » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:41 pm

My OS is Windows XP.
I?ve downloaded the last updated demo.
I think I found something that regularly occurs:

I start the demo without playing and wait, the clock runs out, music stops and?nothing happens. I wait for minutes, nothing.
When I go with the mouse to the bottom of the screen (where the items were) than the error comes (twice)
This happens in the order (from left to right): element 2, 4, 3, 9.
Attachments
area interessata.jpg
area interessata.jpg (82.42 KiB) Viewed 18483 times
cristina

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Shadow, just came home, and have started testing again.

I've found a cheat :P
If you put the glue, and then drag the right piece to the bottom right of the map, and then click 3 times on it, you win without using the other pieces :lol:

I'm going to see now if I can reproduce what cristina just reported.

EDIT
Yep, that's correct, if you hover over the bottom part, the error messages pop up, the number depends on which part you hover. This can be reproduced eternally without the need to restart the game.
Wow, cristina, great job!
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi all,

Thanks a ton all, now I'm able to reproduce the issue :D

@cristina: special kudoz to you 8)

It's indeed when hovering in the losing frame over the inventory... that makes sence as I remove the actual hotspots but not the KeyGuard Hover coordinates... hence it still tries to get the hotspot ID coordinates :D

@Mystery :D :D :D Good work in finding this... its actually a bug. I'll fix it too :wink:

To all of you... again many thans for helping me out, I never would have found it without this great community

Expect an update within a few hours... I also started working on the manual because I'm extra motivated by all this help!

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

I look forward to seeing the updated version :)

Thank YOU for creating all these wonderful plugins in your free time :D
Mystery

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi all,

It was a wild goose chase but the fixed demo is now avaible :D

I'm confident that all issues are now solved :roll:

Please feel free to download and challenge me in finding another bug :wink:

When you judge the demo is bug free, i'll make a new fresh announcement of KeyGuard 4.

@Mystery: the cheat lead me to a small bug in the plugin itself which is now fixed too...

Click HERE to download KeyGuard 4 Demo 1.2

All previous links have been updated also.

Again, thank you all!

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
Last edited by ShadowHunter on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:57 pm

After playing it 12 times (with clicking everywhere and hovering everywhere), I'm happy to report that I haven't found any bugs or errors anymore :D
Mystery

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 pm

:D :D :D :D

So far I'm ultra happy, thanks Mystery

You must have set a record time by now... my best is the counter on 41 :P

Fingers crossed again :wink:

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Lol, I didn't watch the time, just tested like mad :lol:
My son who was determined to find a bug, couldn't find any either so far :)
And with posting your personal best score, you have now motivated him to go for a record, lol. I never thought that a small demo would get so interesting for him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mystery

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Wonderful :D :D
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Hmmm, nobody else tested? :shock:
Anyhow I think that for now it's safe to make an announcement :)
Mystery

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Mystery,

Thanks for your respons... I found some small other issues but as you might have noticed due to lack of community intrest I'm not in a big hurry to fix it and make the plugin public :cry:

This is quit dissapointing for me but than again not a real surprise as I seldom see a game that uses one of my plugins with perhaps the exeption of HotSpot Magic. (those who use my plugins are great of course :wink:)

Well, it gives me some time do to other stuff and when I'm over the "emotional" shock :lol: I'll take another look at it.

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Awww, sorry for your shock :cry:
I think that your plugins are great, but need some time to learn :)
And who knows, a boom might come a bit later, and you'll be overwhelmed with all questions to them :)

If you create a plugin that makes
- days last 30 hours, or
- you get salary for 1 month without the need to work like mad
I'll be starting to learn to use your latest plugins :lol:

No, seriously, I'm very interesting in using them, but I have to limit my experiments with them to my vacations :(
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:55 am

Hey there..:D

I would test it..but my keyboard won't react to it for some reason..:( But what's weird is that I have played games that use these functions..where i can hit X or S or L for load..Funny how it won't work for this...:? ...I can also pick my own keys....Hopefully we can figure this out..:(..

Oh by the way my keyboard is..5.1.2600.2180--Driver version
What is ur driver date..? Mine seems a bit old---01/07/2001--

Oh Imari just posted a demo using Particle....did a good job too..:P..I"ve just seen some pretty cool effects using particle in other games..[Hidden Object Games]..Really popular with those..I would have thought it was animations..but its not..I recognize it as particle..:D...Gives u good ideas..!~ I"m sure once ppl see what your plugins are capable of..They'll use them..I think if any one shies from them...I think its because they think they need scripting..When really u can do some really cool effects with limited scripting ..Also, there really is only 10 ppl who post here..lol..[on a regular basis]..We needs more pplss..!!

Ok well i'll await ur reply to see what u think of my silly keyboard.. :roll:

Peace..:D
Last edited by mercedes on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 am

ShadowHunter wrote:Hi Mystery,

Thanks for your respons... I found some small other issues but as you might have noticed due to lack of community intrest I'm not in a big hurry to fix it and make the plugin public :cry:

This is quit dissapointing for me but than again not a real surprise as I seldom see a game that uses one of my plugins with perhaps the exeption of HotSpot Magic. (those who use my plugins are great of course :wink:)

Well, it gives me some time do to other stuff and when I'm over the "emotional" shock :lol: I'll take another look at it.

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr

Hey!!!! I used at least two of your plugins in my nanodemo! (Shake and Hotspot Magic) :) I even tried using Particle + for one other effect, but when I saw that I couldn't use it on top of hotspots, I decided to use if for a later demo/game (Btw, any possibility of having P+ work on top of hotspots?)

I also used Juhu's AM plugin...so yes, I use plugins! :)

And yes, I finally got a chance to sit down and play the latest release of your Keyguard demo yesterday but I wasn't able to post my response until now. [Been kinda busy. ;)]

I think the latest version of the Keyguard plugin is GREAT and I enjoyed playing the demo. I'm already thinking of puzzles with it! :) I am VERY interested in getting the latest release of the plugin, so I hope that can at least help spur you on to finishing it. :)

If I tell you that I want to create a quick game with it, would that help you to finish it and make it public? Please let me know. (seriously)

Cya.

--------[EDIT]----------

Btw, 37 is my best time, but I will see if I can do better. If I can get to 41, I'd be happy with that. ;) [I wonder what the ultimate human limit is for this demo...would be nice to know.]

Cya
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I like using your plugins, although I don't ever publish the results... (they are for private use only :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Especially P+ was one of the best plugins - no, the best plugin for AM, except for some issues with the hotspot images and the fact that you are limited to 1 effect/frame...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Btw, I really like the graphics you used for the map puzzle. Did you do them yourself?
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:08 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:...due to lack of community intrest I'm not in a big hurry to fix it and make the plugin public :cry:

This is quit dissapointing for me but than again not a real surprise as I seldom see a game that uses one of my plugins...

ShAdOwHuNtEr

Hang in there ShadowHunter, I'm slowly learning the plugins I got from you. I'm sure others are doing this as well. I use the KeyGuard plugin in all my games now. I'll being using Particle+ in my upcoming games. I haven't tried Hotspot Magic yet. I probably should, its just that I'm overwhelmed with all the plugins and tools I've been trying to learn. Then top that off with a job and a family! :shock:

Anyway, I appreciate the plugins you've built. They really extend our
game's capabilities! Thanks!

[edit]
Cool! I got a score of 15. I can't play that game too much. At my age, it's too hard on the heart! :)

I've been looking for this capability and could use it in the game I'm building now!

Is there an available download for this plugin? I didn't see it on your website! :?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby cristina » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:49 pm

ShadowHunter,

- I?m a beginner at making games, I?ve still a lot to learn about
- I?ve never finished a game till now
- I have at the moment only the free version of AM
- I?ve problems with English
BUT.....
I?m trying and learning particle+ (as you can imagine it?s not easy for me) and like it very much (we can evaluate plugins with the free version too).
I?ve tried to install KeyGuard but it doesn?t run with the free AM and this is the reason because I?ll buy soon the full AM version?.
Do you really think people don?t like your plugins or I misunderstand?!
cristina

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi all,

Wow, thanks for all the respons... I'm really happy to learn there is still intrest and good one too. I judged maybe a bit too fast concidering all the facts about time, AM Pro, learning and so on... :D

1. KeyGuard 4 is not available for download yet
2. The next release of P+ will be able to be used over hotspots using the technology used in KeyGuard 4. I can now also solve the small pixel shift that sometimes happens in the animated area
3 Mercedes: I did used another function to capture keystrokes, did or does the previous version of KeyGuard work for you?
4. I used existing images and P'shopped them for my game... thanks I'm glad you like them

I'm still abroad with limited Internet access, but you all gave me the push I needed to continue (thanks for that) so rest asure KeyGuard will be released within a few weeks (I want to make a few core changes to fixes some issues I stumbled on)

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby reneuend » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 pm

:) :) :) Great news, Shadowhunter! :) :) :)

I won't release my next game until I can use the new Keyguard. There is a LOT of potential with this new version! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Very, very interesting support for bmp cursors!
Do you think we can use animated cursors in the future?
A great job, you continue to be an example for this community. :wink:
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Mercedes: I did used another function to capture keystrokes, did or does the previous version of KeyGuard work for you?

When trying out the demo Right Mouse clicks...and when i go to help frame...to test it..The H L S X does not work...It never did..:(

I tried out a game yesterday with keystrokes in it[ 3rd person]..I was able to pull up M for Map..I for inventory, R for reports..etc.But for some reason I could'nt use wasd for forward and back...those movements..its weird...but other letters i could, there we're quiet a few of them in this game...All the regular worked, just not the ones that could move the sprite.

Thanks for response..~
Last edited by mercedes on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 am

ShadowHunter wrote:1. KeyGuard 4 is not available for download yet

Then when? ;)

ShadowHunter wrote:2. The next release of P+ will be able to be used over hotspots using the technology used in KeyGuard 4. I can now also solve the small pixel shift that sometimes happens in the animated area

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the P+ over hotsposts feature!

ShadowHunter wrote:4. I used existing images and P'shopped them for my game... thanks I'm glad you like them

I think you do a great job of finding/creating the right images to illustrate your plugin features.

ShadowHunter wrote:I'm still abroad with limited Internet access, but you all gave me the push I needed to continue (thanks for that) so rest asure KeyGuard will be released within a few weeks (I want to make a few core changes to fixes some issues I stumbled on)

Hurray!!! Thanks, ShadowHunter! :)
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Great news... I ll be waiting...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Imari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:19 pm

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it sounds as though it should have many applications. Thanks for making it, ShadowHunter. This community is again indebted to you.
Imari
VIP

Previous

Return to The Plugins Corner