xna C# and Amaker

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

xna C# and Amaker

Postby ralf2345 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

Hi,

I was wondering what is the main code behind AMaker? I am planing on starting to try and use the XNA platform(xbox 360) which uses Visual C# and was wondering as Amaker is much easer to use is there a way to convert it to VC# (I mean convert my game, either in a uncompiled form or compiled)or is it already in C# and if so any one know how I could load it into VC#? I've already made some basic test games with Amaker and whould rather just convert them.

thanks
ralf2345

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 am

Hi,

Its written in classic Visual Basic aka Visual Basic 6.

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm

If you wish to develop arcade games for the XNA Xbox 360 platform you should learn C#. Forget about converting things. Executable files are nothing like encoded music... Basic uses a lot of standard libraries that exist only in windows, while C is a multiplatform language. They are not even compatible, with VB being high level and C being low level...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

xna vb

Postby ralf2345 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:08 pm

So If I complete a game, is there a way to have the Amaker give me all the Vbasic code(for the game) instead of packaging it as a windows or psp or iphone? As I have found some VB6 to C# converters.
ralf2345

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi,

Not possible as the AM exe does nothing more than reading parameters from several text files and displaying the pictures in picture and image boxes... the exe file is precompiled and undependant of the project... you would need an C# variant of the exe file and GM will not make the source code available as it's a commerical tool... I would forget this approach :wink:

Good luck,

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Yes, that's the case. Reverse-engineering the program would be considered cracking it, breaking therefore the law about patents etc...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion