Clickable inventory items

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Clickable inventory items

Postby drummerac » Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I have searched the forums for information on how to make inventory items clickable. Unfortunately I didnt find anything.

I want the player to find a map and add it to their inventory, then I want them to be able to check the map afterwards.

Is that possible?

How can I set it up?
drummerac

Postby reneuend » Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 pm

With AM's Inventory, you don't just click on an item. If you want to view an inventory item, the suggested method is to create a magnifying glass icon and have it your inventory by default, or at the same time the map is placed in it. The user would then drag the magnifying glass over the map and then you could display a frame that shows details of the map.

Hope that helps! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat May 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi there...:D

Another alternative;

If you don't want to use the AM's inventory, you can just use a hotspot, putting the map in it..[Have it display after user picks it up--from another hotspot]...Then have the map go to a special frame with Details of Map in it--:D

Other than that, What most ppl do is what Reneuend suggested..have the magnifier appear when frame loads, or have it be an item user picks up to check map..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion