add-ons

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

add-ons

Postby Daryan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:26 pm

I think AM should have add-on content for full and free editions. these add-ons could be downloaded and installed just like a game. whos with me yo.
Daryan

Postby Mystery » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 am

Welcome to the forums Daryan :)
Could you describe a bit more what you mean with "add-on content"?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby pennsteve » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:32 am

ActiveX is an add-on. I think thats what he means. So people can play the games in a web browser instead of downloading them. Sort of like the program I tested in the other thread?
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:18 am

What would you intend to do with these add-ons... yo? AM already has quite a few plugins for extending its functionality, if that's what you mean.

I do agree, however, that some of the more basic ones should be available for the Free Version- even on projects with more than 20 frames.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Daryan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:33 pm

well, like, I personally would use them to expand a game I already made with out uninstalling, and installing again. kind of like downladable songs for rockband, or downloadable maps for call of duty. stuff that expands the experence. for example, I made a zombie game. with add-on content I could add bonus features and more missions.
Daryan

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Well, although an external utility would be the best solution, what you CAN do if your game is too big for the user to redownload is:

Download a free installer such as Inno
Compile the game along with the addons and install it on your system
Take the files that don't exist in the previous installation from all folders and pack them into a new installer...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:27 am

Although I get the feeling you want to do this with as little coding as possible, right? :wink: Still, it looks like making your new content in AM, and then putting it in a separate "Bonus Content" installer is the way to go. Ask one of our coding guys, like Lyberodoggy here, and they'll do their best to help you with any issues you may have doing this.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Daryan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I wish I could use coding! I'm stuck with the pink free edtion! however, I have evaluated plug ins and scripting, and I don't really need them. but what does this inno installer do? :idea:
Daryan

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:49 pm

If you have the free version and compile .am1 files, then I don't think that this will work. :(
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 am

Yeah, you should have the full version to use what I described and still it's not the best thing to do. I suggest you either split your game in parts or recompile each time you add something
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion