Posting Games to File Front....

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Posting Games to File Front....

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 am

Just curious about posting games to File Front and wondered if someone could answer this question...

Can you upload a game to File Front without it being included in a general demo listing? In other words, is there a way to upload a game where you have to supply the URL to others as opposed to it being automatically posted on their "Latest Game Demos" page <http://filelist.filefront.com/LatestGameDemos/>? Sorta like what Rapidshare and some others do?

Any guidance with this would be most appreciated. :)

TIA!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:14 am

I don't think that games that you upload are automatically listed. From the FAQ I understand that if you want to have it listed, you must submit it for review first.
http://support.filefront.com/index.php? ... id=0&nav=0
But as I said, this is just how I understood it.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:02 am

No, your right Mystery, I tried to send mine in and it wasn't easy..lol..I just wanted to see if I could...
They have a criteria game list u have to follow, and your game has to fall under those gaming guidelines....

Then it goes to review..In other words if you wanted yours to be listed, you would have to pick from a huge game list...compare and send it in..Other than that... if u are not wanting to have it listed..Then your safe..:)

Adieux~
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks Mystery, thanks Mercedes for your responses.

So it sounds like I can use it like a regular hosting site. Great! :)

And thanks for the link to the knowledgebase FAQ, Mystery...that really helps! :)

Btw, I searched more on File Front knowledgebase but I did not find any information on storage file limit, or how many downloads that you can have with your file, etc.

Do either of you know this information?

Thanks a lot! :)
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 pm

The storage space is unlimited, and in any format..They can't be larger than 1GB or take longer than 10 hours though...This info u find when u upload the file..~
However if u don't use it, or they have no activity for a long time..they will be deleted..:(..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Okay, unlimited and indefinite...got it! Thanks, Mercedes :)

Cya!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion