The type of game I want to make. (looking for tutorials)

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The type of game I want to make. (looking for tutorials)

Postby PenMasterRule » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I think I know what type of game I want to buckle down on and try to learn how to do. I wanted to make one of those games where you click around a screen and an animated character walks to it, collects items, etc... Just to give someone a general idea of what I'm looking for here's a link to one such game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngLkgbLc ... re=related I'm not looking to make a game exactly like that, but close to it. Anyways I tried looking for tutorials to start learning, but I'm sure it's listed as something else. So if someone wouldn't mind pointing a few out to me that would be great. I really appreciate all the help given to me thus far.

Thanks again!
PenMasterRule

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Well a game like that sounds pretty simple to make with the 3rd Person Plugin :D

That's exactly what it was made to do :wink:
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby PenMasterRule » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

cpkspikyhair wrote:Well a game like that sounds pretty simple to make with the 3rd Person Plugin :D

That's exactly what it was made to do :wink:

Very nice. Thanks for the tip. Now all that's left is to buy this puppy.
PenMasterRule

Postby mercedes » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes the 3rd person plugin is cool..and really user friendly ..You get the hang of it quickly..:D

Also there are 2 sprites u can work with already made for u..One is a man, and one is a robot..I made a game with the little robot..:D..

There are demos u can look at within Adventure Maker..might help u get started..and see how it works..:D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby PenMasterRule » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 pm

mercedes wrote:Yes the 3rd person plugin is cool..and really user friendly ..You get the hang of it quickly..:D

Also there are 2 sprites u can work with already made for u..One is a man, and one is a robot..I made a game with the little robot..:D..

There are demos u can look at within Adventure Maker..might help u get started..and see how it works..:D

Peace

I've been practicing with a lot of stuff. I was just a little worried about my character walking through a table or something.
PenMasterRule

Postby mercedes » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:26 pm

There are afew posts here that cover that actually..Here is one that might help..:D

This is the tutorial..~
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3247&highlight=3rd+person+walk

This is an added one..with more info..:)
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5006&highlight=3rd+person+walk
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh great, I was looking for these, but you were quicker :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby PenMasterRule » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks. I'm printing the screens out now so I can have them beside me when I work.
PenMasterRule

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion