Poser:Video with transparent background

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Poser:Video with transparent background

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi at all!

I started with Poser 7 and played a little bit with the functions of it.
I think it's not easy.
Is there a way to built a video with a transparent background? Or is there a way to make a .gif with transparent background?

I tried to cut out the background when I make a .gif with Ulead Gif Animateur but I can only cut off the background in one picture :(

Anybody some ideas?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 pm

If you could download a trial of Adobe After Effects you could select a green background in poser and then key it out with AE...

Could you send me a small preview of your file (in good resolution tho), so I could work on it?
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 pm

I had the exact same problem with the video that comes with AM,...You have to convert the video to a GIF...is one option..if its an existing video..

Check out these here..:)

http://media-convert.com/convert/

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/13212--Microsoft Gif converter..

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:08 am

@ Mercedes:The problem is not to convert to a gif.The problem is to make the background transparent.I will have a look at your links :)

@Liberodoggy:Which file do you mean? The Poserfile, the AVI or the .gif?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:16 am

yes ok...I misunderstood that..thought you wanted to make a video frames into transparent gif...like the background of the frames..transparent.

But reading your question again..

Are you asking on how to make a gif transparent? In a certain program..
or
in general --how to make a gif with transparent backround..?--
mercedes
VIP

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:11 am

I made a AVI video with Poser which have for example a grey background.Then I import with gif animator to turn the background transparent, but I can only change the background of the last picture! I'm searching for a way to convert an avi with no-transparent background to a gif with transparent background.
I could open the gif that was made with gif animator with photoshop and cut the background but there are 120 pics to edit :(
I want to make an other sprite for the 3rd Person Plugin, but it's very difficulty.
I think the sprites thats with AM also built with Poser. Also there must be a way to get a gif with transparent background!
A tool like gif animator which works proberly will help me a lot.
I think that Gif Animator doesn't work proberly!

Hope you understand the problem!
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:35 am

...I fear you may have to do each individual frame and change each backround one at a time..Or...if you have gimp..gimp comes with GAP..and that might be able to do each frame..a heck of a lot quicker..than any other program..

You can simply import the avi into gimp..make sure it has GAP..[later version of gimp v. 2.4] and from there..choose transparency for each frame..

I know the converters will convert them for you...only not sure if they can convert to a transparent gif..only just a gif..

I think you my be stuck with importing it into program..and setting transparency for each frame..but it can be done quicker with other programs...gimp is one that I can think of..

I believe Lyberodoggy mean you to send him the AVI. after you have made the green backround in poser..
so that he can make it transparent for you... i think he has Adobe effects

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 am

I need the AVI.
I will then use the green screen technique I used for WD TV to key out the green. But I need what you want to be behind too...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby bg38 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:59 am

I've used poser 6 for years now. you can render the images as tiff and they will come out of poser with a transparent background.
bg38

Postby Jaked » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 am

Hello, bg36. Now that that's out of the way, I cannot really say if Poser 6 does because I've been using Poser4 for all of my "career" (to young to have one).
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos