avi behind a transparent gif

This forum is meant for discussing how to create pictures, sounds, and videos. You can also post technical questions about how to use a particular program (Poser, Lightwave, etc.).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

avi behind a transparent gif

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 am

I have a frame where I want to run an avi behind a transparent gif.

I tried using frame properties to run the avi, and then placing the transparent gif over it as a hotspot. I thought this would run the video behind the hotspot, but instead I get the video, and then the hotspot displays after the video is finished! What am I doing wrong? :?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:48 am

Let me see if i get this...:)

You are playing a video..but placing it behind a GIF --?
So the video plays...and the GIF is displayed after the video is finished?-- IN other words-- it disappears till the video is played.?

Check the coordinates of the output method of video[not the size u made in AM]--sounds like it may be too big..perhaps taking over the whole area..? Or a variable comes to play..?

Even though u shrunk the coordinates..it still will display the original coor...---if they are big..

If u had to 'stretch' them..then that's different...Usually a video displays the way it was saved--the coordinates..I've come to find out it plays best that way..instead of playing with x and y in AM..[If this is indeed the problem..:)]
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:02 pm

I had in my latest game a hotspot over a video sequence, but it didn't seem to work well for all players :( Therefore I had to redo the screen in another way.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 pm

ShadowHunter did something similar with Particle+, but he was running his video with the plugin. My guess is he knew how to manipulate the z-order.

Anyway, I gave up and just built it into the animation. I'll have to look closer at how ShadowHunter did it when I have more time.

Thanks M & M! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby 3dgamer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 am

Hey Renuend,

Say, remember when we were wrestling with this issue while working on the AMJournal?! ;) It was problem back then, but now it seems that you want to do it on purpose. I think if you go back to one of the earlier versions (from 6/2/09 from my notes) you should be able to see the issue of the NAV icons displaying over the animation (640 x 480 bordered version). Grab your code there and you should be done! :)

Well, HTH. Let me know how things go.

Cya :)
Last edited by 3dgamer on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks 3D. I'll take a look! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to How to make pictures, sounds, and videos