2 Questions

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

2 Questions

Postby PenMasterRule » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi. I haven't posted any questions in a while. Reason why was because of the helpful people here. Anyways I came up with a few more ideas for games. One is so simple the other is a bit more difficult.

1. I wanted to create a simple 'choose your own adventure' game that has nothing but text. The only problem is 'The Adventure Maker' keeps resizing the picture with the text. I was wondering how I can make pages with nothing, but text. But also make it big enough for people to read comfortably.

2. I have an idea for a game that involves farming and stuff like that. I was wondering if it was possible to make something where people can plant crops and the crops change after a certain amount of time. Like at first they are seeds, then they are tiny plants, then they are ready to harvest and if you don't harvest them they die. Something like that.
PenMasterRule

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:55 pm

1st: Did you try the standard text tool of AM (right click in the frame to create text)?

2nd: Can do with several ways. If you want to have the player wait for days for the plants to grow up you can use vbs to retrieve the current date and store it to a variable or registry entry, then the next time the game loads retrieve the last date and change the hotspot pics accordingly with code. Else if you want this to happen after a certain time, you can use pretty much the same way, but instead of storing the date and checking it you would use a CreateTimedEvent method (refer to the help documentation of am in the Language Reference VBS section)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby PenMasterRule » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks! It's great (with the farm) to know I can do it. I might throw something together a little later as a test. Then really get into it later. Thanks for letting me know.

And about the text. I haven't, but I'm going to check it out now.

Thanks again!
PenMasterRule

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion