Can someone create a sprite plugin...

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Can someone create a sprite plugin...

Postby ryan1980 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:29 pm

...that takes a given spritesheet and automatically cuts the different sprite images uniformly to the exact pixel and makes them transparent, and gives each one of them the NAME_01_00 .gif filename. Then you could move the whole lot of them to your external folder and be done with it.

You could have a box pop up like the 3rd person plugin with how angles and movements per angle and it would go from the corner, down and out relative to how many images you have and rename them in the given format.

I'm stuck doing it manually and I can't be certain if my gifs are centered true. I think this would help foster 3rd person games.

(I have no idea how difficult that would be and I'm certainly not expecting this but it would nice :) )
ryan1980

Postby mercedes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:37 pm

HI there!~...Welcome to the forums..:D

Are you asking for a 'software' that takes a given sprite sheet..and automatically cuts all sprites-- and their given angles--chooses color for transparency....names them accordingly..and saves them all at once..sort of thing..?

lol...That would be nice...:lol:

However It shouldn't be too hard working with a sprite sheet....once u figure out the area/color for transparency..[that being something that is not in the sprite] and all angles are in order~

You could crop one sprite/angle at a time--In paint for instance...Open it up in Gimp[whatever supports .gifs]
Choose the color of transparency...name it[accordingly] and save as .gif--

I make it sound easy...:P...I have heard Paint is the easiest place to work with sprite sheets..
I only tried it once..And the angles weren't in order..It was h*ll...but had it been in order..I think it would have endured it....or..maybe not..lol..

And there can't be a hundred colors in the sprite..It has to be limited..Otherwise figuring out transparency...its really....trying..--for lack of a better word..lol
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 pm

A program like what you are describing would use really advanced techniques for something so easy. I suggest cutting the sprites in different layers, lowering the layer opacity to exactly center them
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to The Plugins Corner