few panorama questions...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

few panorama questions...

Postby Bzyk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Sorry for these lame questions, but... in this matter I'm true green horn... :P

1. Is there any possibility to limit cubic panorama to horizontal moving only? And to limit to 180 degrees turn?

2. Do you know any soft to create cubic panorama from simple photos? I tried with "Autostitch", but result of stitching seems to be not a cubic panorama. I used such picture with plugin and the effect was very strange... Something like a drunk eyesight... :P
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 am

Have u tried using Keygaurd...with panoramic...With Keygaurd 3 i think it was...there was an example on how to use this...You'll have better luck on Shadows website to find it..Not sure if the older versions are there or not...if they aren't..let me know..and i'll search for it..:)
Although this is with regular pano...so it's probably not what u are looking for...
mercedes
VIP

Postby Imari » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm

If you use the earlier panorama plug-in that uses a cylindrical panoramic image, then the vertical motion becomes limited depending upon the proportions of your image. It still revolves 360 degrees, though.

For the cubic panorama ---
If you already have your set of six photos, then you can just use GM's utility that comes with the cubic panorama plug-in.
1. Create your project and Enable the Cubic Plug-in.
2. From your Project Menu, select External Programs.
3. Select the Cubic Panoramic Image Combiner.

To make your photos, your camera must stay centered at a single view point and level and must be rotated exactly 90 degrees at each turn. The lens must have a field of view of exactly 90 degrees in order for the edges of the cube to match up and for the distortion to be correctable in AM.

Good site for info on panos:
http://www.panoguide.com/howto/;jsessio ... C61E9F2563
Imari
VIP

Postby reneuend » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Nice write up, Imari! :)

I need to try cubic panorama someday!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion