64 Bit

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

64 Bit

Postby Entropy-Art » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm going to buy new pc..
AdventureMaker it's ok on 64 bit? :oops:

Thank you
Entropy-Art

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Don't think so... it's a 32 bit application. I 'm not sure though.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Re: 64 Bit

Postby drdna » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Entropy-Art wrote:Hi everyone!

Thank you

It'll run just fine on a 64 bit platform, however, at this, Windows 7 is not supported for other reasons. You can read about those issues in the tech support section.

Other than the Windows 7 situation, I've been using 64 bit OS's for about a year without problems.
drdna

Postby Entropy-Art » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 pm

:D Thank you! I feel better..
I'll wait for win 7 (with my 64 Os) :wink:
Entropy-Art

Re: 64 Bit

Postby drdna » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Entropy-Art wrote:Hi everyone!

Thank you

It'll run just fine on a 64 bit platform, however, at this, Windows 7 is not supported for other reasons. You can read about those issues in the tech support section.

Other than the Windows 7 situation, I've been using 64 bit OS's for about a year without problems.
drdna

Postby Netjera » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

I've been having issues with AM on 64b Vista. I can get it to run in the free version, but when I try to register my full version, it just closes the app and goes to the desktop. It's quite frustrating.

I've written the developer about it, so hopefully I can get some help and then I'll post an update.

Has anyone else had this happen?
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:06 pm

When it does that's it's because u didn't register it right...

Make sure you put the right format..for date and so on..I don't think it requires the 0 for a date..or it might..one or the other..

As far as i know it usually revolves around the date..when it does that..Copy and paste exactly what u see..in the right places..for the rest :)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 pm

I don't know if it's due to an issue with 64-bit machines, or just a typo. So try again, and if you copy-paste, make sure there is no empty space at the beginning or the end (happened to me when I registered one of ShadowHunters plugins, and it took a long time to figure out the cause).
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Netjera » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:41 pm

When it asks for the date, is asking for the date of the email, or the date you're actually putting the info in?

The email is dated the 20th, but I didn't try to install it on the laptop till the 22nd. I tried using every date from the 18th to 20th, thinking I'd misremembered the date I'd put in, with the same results. It didn't occur to me that it might be looking for TODAY as opposed to the date I registered?
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby Netjera » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Mystery wrote:I don't know if it's due to an issue with 64-bit machines, or just a typo. So try again, and if you copy-paste, make sure there is no empty space at the beginning or the end (happened to me when I registered one of ShadowHunters plugins, and it took a long time to figure out the cause).

Speaking of ShadowHunter, has anyone seen him? I registered one of his plugins... err.. oh!.. Hotspot Magic... three days ago, but haven't gotten any response back yet.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 pm

He is usually visiting on a daily basis.
Did you send him a PM or email? Due to lots of spam in his email inbox, it's recommended to send him a PM here on the forums :)

EDIT
Date of registering (thus today) :)
Mystery

Postby Netjera » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Mystery wrote:He is usually visiting on a daily basis.
Did you send him a PM or email? Due to lots of spam in his email inbox, it's recommended to send him a PM here on the forums :)

EDIT
Date of registering (thus today) :)

I took date of registering as the date I PAID, doh. Shoot me... shoooot meeee. lol I feel so dumb now. =D (It worked, obviously.) :roll:

Oh - ! And no, I didn't PM. Just sent the email as the plugin directions stated. (At least, I HOPE I did that right. Now with this AM registering fiasco, I'm beginning to wonder! :lol: )
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Glad it worked at last :)

Chances are bad that he'll read your email, so best is if you send him a quick PM right away :)
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion