Windows 7

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby Candle » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 pm

I've been missing, so I just saw this now. I would love to do online only games! Silverlight look's really cool.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Kuldur » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks alot mate, I'll give it ago. I can't wait for a new supported release though it'll be great...
Kuldur

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Just an Idea!
Have anyone tried to install AM with the compatiliby mode for windows Vista? And also install the games with comp mode?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Dalton » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Yes, i did and still having problems... :(

juhuwoorps wrote:Just an Idea!
Have anyone tried to install AM with the compatiliby mode for windows Vista? And also install the games with comp mode?
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:04 am

Oh ok...just saw this..and Candle mentions it here..just remembered this thread..sorry about that..:)

My mother was having problems running games/aps with sounds on her Vista...i just changed it so the sound..played with media player..so now she can hear all aps made with xp or games...
mercedes
VIP

windows 7 crash bug.

Postby Stitches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Has anybody come across a crash which occurs randomly when exiting a frame window and clicking "project properties menu". The game just loads preview out of nowhere and when exited, anything could have happened like it has deleted a .bmp from one background or even mixed up all the hotspots on a screen, or combined the hotspots to other random frames. It doesn't always happen, but when it does- it's a bugger! I'm on the full edition for non-commercial use. Oh also- is it necessary to use Ogg vorbis codec or does a bog standard .mp3 format work?
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Re: Windows 7

Postby reneuend » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:32 pm

AM DOES work in Windows 7. There are plenty of games to prove it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Stitches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:54 pm

I'm on windows 7, I know it works. I just ocasionally have this weird bug (as described above) , I dunno if it's to do with Win 7 or I'm missing some codec from somewhere, or maybe just my compy getting pickled. Just wondered if anybody else had encountered this wee problem for future reference; and if so, is there a solution. :?
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby reneuend » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm not sure what post i read, but I sure missed this one!!!! I haven't run into the bug that you mention or heard about it from anyone else. Hopefully, someone will post if they have also had this issue.

Did you use any earlier versions of AM or the free edition? Did you have this issue with them?
When you installed AM, did you use the default file locations?

I hope this gets resolved. It sounds annoying!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: windows 7 crash bug.

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Stitches wrote:Oh also- is it necessary to use Ogg vorbis codec or does a bog standard .mp3 format work?

Hi Stitches, mp3 works well and you don't have to create ogg files. Most people will say you are not allowed to use mp3 files because there is a licence, but you will see that everyone is using mp3 files and they don't pay anything !
<< No license is needed for private, non-commercial activities, or other consideration of any kind or for entities with associated annual gross revenue less than US$ 100 000.00. >> Source: http://mp3licensing.com/help/index.html

I'm sorry I have no clue for your issue with AM. Could you add screenshots to explain ?
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Stitches » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 am

Ah great, cheers candle. I did scour and found a few folk had problems with the sound issues. Quite a few codec packs and such seem to be missing from links all over these message boards. Luckily I can sod to the license problem. I have official mp3 software converted via Magix. Since I only use my own music and voices the majority of the time (unless stated) I can do whatever the ~~didn't mean to swear~~ I want... I want mp3... Imma have me some mp3! :v I just converted 93 files for the construction of my demo, glad to be reassured they'll work when the game is converted. I even used a basic format instead of advanced conversions- basically... if your compy can't play these mp3s... you're compy is a gameboy :) Hey would you check out a few of my other questions dotted about, Candle? I could do with a few pointers. My eyes suck so going through the boards can be actually painful at times :v I've only posted things I couldn't find anything answering but they were last posts on 28th nov.And cheers again! :)
Stitches

Previous

Return to Windows 7 issues