A couple of questions.

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A couple of questions.

Postby PenMasterRule » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi. I have a few new and fun questions for everyone.

I was giving my 'arcade' idea some thought and came up with a fun alternative. To create a page and allow people to pick the games they want to play. Let them play it and rack up points.

So for my first question.

1. Is it possible to design games to give rewards to players? And by that I mean in game rewards like money they can spend on unlocking more games.

2. Can you design mock pet games? You know like those old tamigatchi things where you have to feed your pet, play with them and walk them? Things like that? But they are connected to stats to determine how well they are doing?

Last question...

3. Can you design something where a picture changes when you click your mouse and drag it over the picture? Like for my idea you would click and hold your mouse and drag the pointer over a dog and it would react depending on where you were dragging the mouse?

And that's it for the questions. If they don't make any sense please let me know.

Thanks!
PenMasterRule

Postby reneuend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 am

I know exactly what you are talking about because my daughter gave me requirements for something just like this! :)

I don't see too much issue with any of the things you want to do. But, it will require VB skills. AM doesn't support dragging, but I think the "not-yet-released" keyguard does support it. Using the current Keyguard plugin you can read the mouse position when the mouse button is down and then read it again when it is released. This way you can detect where and the direction the mouse was used. I would suggest not complicating it by having your object move while you are trying to detect the mouse movement.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby PenMasterRule » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 am

My idea is just having a picture of the pet and it's face would change depending on how you were treating it, but yeah I wasn't going to have the picture move or anything.

Well that is exciting news. Now I'm getting a flood of new ideas. I have several small games I wanted to create, hook all those together so people can unlock other games or buy items for their pets. So yeah this could be fun.

What I'm going to do now is get a list of what I want my game to do and then go from there. The pet thing is the main attraction.

Well thanks for letting me know. It's nice to see others (your daughter) also have this idea.
PenMasterRule

Postby reneuend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am

If you need assistance with anything, just ask. You won't find a more helpful forum then this one! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion