For the ones who need music (UPDATED 19/02/2010)

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

For the ones who need music (UPDATED 19/02/2010)

Postby Harvester » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Dear All,

Some people here already know that I offer my music-making service for -almost- any projects. Now I thought I would make this topic which would have the following purposes:
a./ If you want music from me, you can post it here. If you are not satisfied with my work or want somebody else to do it (which I greatly understand since there are many-many really talented composers around here... and by the way, I don't have endless time to compose for games), obviously you can make a topic for it; the main point is that here at least all request towards me are organised in one place instead of bumping the forums.
b./ If I make a song/soundtrack for a game, here you can see it, so that newcomers might find a reference of my work in the genre, making it easier to decide if I am able to handle their needs.

It is for free. I don't ask for money for what I do (yet). However, I have some major priniciples. First of all: if you want a longer soundtrack or some more difficult to make songs, I need to see proof that the project will be completed and published once. There are many projects abandoned all the time; due to this, if you want more songs or a complete soundtrack, please be sure to ask only and only if you are ready with the majority of the stuff.
Secondly, in all cases I would like to see my name and/or my band name (if you don't know them, you will when we get in contact) and definitely my web address (www.mydarkmind.atw.hu at the moment, will change later this year!).
Well, that's all. I keep the right to judge whether I can accept a request or not; this is due to:
a./ if a project really can't catch my imagination, I can't make anything good
b./ if there is not enough details revealed me for making the song(s)
c./ if the project seems to be unsecure to be completed
d./ for any other reasons :)
Please if I do reject anybody, don't take it to your heart, I will provide brief explanation hopefully in every cases.

Be aware that I have other things in life to do so I won't be good in most cases with short deadlines (maybe ZW could tell about both how fast and slow am I :wink:

Oh, and I forgot to mention... these terms are only applied when we talk about a freeware game. For commercial purposes all terms are discussed in PM and agreed therefore.

I hope I can help who need it and that I will have some work to do
:)

At the end of this message I will keep track of the soundtracks I made and I work on, so that you can listen to the songs carefully in those games so that you get the image of what I do.

Best wishes for all,

Harvester

-----------------------------------------------------

My Dark Mind presents:
AM GAME MUSIC & other game/film related projects

2008. Murder And The Mystery Behind It (by Mercedes, not yet released)
2008-09. Black Keep (for ZW; in progress)
2009.01. Ford?tva (=Reverse; a short movie in Hungarian; English version will be released this year)
2009.04. Shooting Field (by Lyberodoggy)
2009.04. ZW's Drawing Tutorial (by ZW)
2009.10. Rotten Luck (by Reneuend)
2010.02. Light & Darkness (a contest entry game of mine)
Last edited by Harvester on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Harvester.

I have 2 games that I could use music for.

1. Shayne - Friends in Low Places
I would think this would be a fun one to do! It would be loosely based on Garth Brooks song, "friends in low places" - no voice needed. I would like it to be more brassy if that's possible since this story is based in the 1940's. The nice thing is that I won't reject your work. As you said, it's free and I'd be satisfied to have someone willing to do the music!

2. Texas Shoot 'Em. This game is already working. I'll just be adding more to it. I'd like the theme to be Bonanza style, but again...anything goes, just so it's western! I'm not sure, but would I want a different song for each shooting gallery scene? The first one is on the street, then in the saloon. At the very least, I'd like a theme song for it! I have the original Bonanza song, but that isn't near as fun as an original, even if it's based on an existing song. The town name is Buzzard Creek in Texas if that makes any difference.

Let me know if you would like to take this on!

Thanks for offering! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: For the ones who need music

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Harvester wrote:(maybe ZW could tell about both how fast and slow am I :wink:

For anyone who needs to know, Harvester makes his best to meet the requests both in time and in quality and in my opinion he delivers. For a tutorial I have completed (Which I have yet to post!), Harvester had the music the same day.

You need music for your projects, look no further. ;)

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Netjera » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

I'll be looking for some music for two games. I won't need them right away, but it would be nice to know if you're interested, in advance. :)

1) Egyptian theme - lots of "sitars", that sort of thing - a bit dark and broody.

Also a piece that sort of exemplifies disaster. Some thieves are trying to break in, and wind up getting caught in a trap of their own making. It would be nice to capture that in a short bit of "mood" music.

2) Second game is also Egyptian themed. More upbeat, cheery. Much of the game takes place in daylight, although there are "sleep" scenes so having a version of the song that's sort of muted and sleepy, would be nice. I'd also like to have a larger theme with little pieces that can be broken out as character themes, so it might need to be discussed a bit more thoroughly, since I don't know how doable something like this would be.

Thanks for offering, and for considering. :)
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Considered

Postby Harvester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Why not. Before accepting such a request I'll have to look into my tools to see if I can make something I imagine you would need. I will tell you asap if I can do it or not technically.
The other aspect is time: I don't know how much time will I have in the following weeks or even months; it would be nice to know a deadline or so.
And at last, it would be nice to see some graphics or anything from the game before I start doing anything. As mentioned in that long post in the beginning, I don't like to work for games later abandoned :wink:

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Netjera » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:53 pm

That's why it's not time-sensitive. Yet. :) I've had the game design docs done since 2004, but I've been "engine hopping" hoping to find the right fit. Meanwhile, I have character concepts (made by me and others, from early stages).

I expect, if all goes as planned (*crosses her fingers*), that I'll have the basic artwork done in the next few weeks. I'm striving to finish testing with AM this week, and make my decision by say.. next Wednesday. After that, if it's a go, I'll want to get basic game functionality in place immediately, and so I'll have at least the art for the framework done by then.

Would seeing the game design doc, or at least the boilerplate and character descriptions/concepts help in any way?
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Well

Postby Harvester » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am

Well, it's enough if you send me the basic concept of the part where you would use my music, including the description of what sort of atmosphere you want to create there. I'll work on it as soon as some artwork is ready -and hopefully I have time :) If there is only need for some shorter songs or a main theme or so, it can be done in one or two days.

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Well

Postby Dalton » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 am

Hi Harvester. :D
How long no see :wink:
Dalton
Expert Member

I just

Postby Harvester » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:44 am

I just have finished my exam session, had quite a little time in the past few weeks. I hope I can catch up with my duties here, I'm still on the Black Keep project, but I think I can do some songs parallel to it, since my work there depends on the actual status of the game. But I won't tell about that, that's ZW's duty, I'm just the composer :wink:

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 pm

"Just a composer" ?

A pretty darn good one! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

There

Postby Harvester » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:39 am

There's always room for improvement, but thanks for your kind words :oops: I still have much to learn, the most I might have is talent, no profficiency.

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to Working Together