Upgrading your version of Adventure Maker

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby arienram » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 am

Hello everyone. Just a clarification question if I may? I am running AM V4.3.0 full version. I note that there are two upgraded versions available. While I'm not interested in the IPod type creation, just Windows based adventure games etc, do you get an upgrade on your present owned full version? Couldn't find any info on this aspect. Thanks to anyone who can perhaps enlighten me. Cheers, arienram. :roll:
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Mystery » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:13 am

Please check out the online store for detailed information about upgrade possibilities & conditions :)
https://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/r1.cgi?U3H&&
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Reply to question re updates

Postby arienram » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:14 am

Hello again Mystery. Thanks for helping once again. I'll check out the referred site. Also thanks for the help on your tutorial for beginners. I'm setting up some small senarios, (using my own graphics) to get familiar with the instructions you set out, particulaly the variables. Adventure Maker is a great program, and I'm sure as I learn more about it, I'll be able to produce some great epics.
Cheers, arienram :)
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Mystery » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm

You're most welcome arienram :)
I just noticed that you are already running a 4.x version of AM (somehow I saw 3.x in your post :oops:) , so I think that you should be able to download a new version and register it according to your registration information.

I look forward to your creations :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby arienram » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Hello again, Mystery, after your last helpful post, downloaded AM V4.5.2. Installed onto my computer, and my origional registration unlock worked fine. Loaded my plug-ins into the folder, and my present creations came up fine. I also found my application selections, (extertnal programs) had loaded in without my assistance, so that was great. Thank-you.
can I ask about another issue with game building in AM? Regarding the audio this time? There are all these wonderful channels in the frame properties, the hotspot properties, ect, but without the player deliberately clicking on a character, (Hotspotted) to advance a sound converation, which is sometimes inconventient, is there any way of having the question and then the reply say for instance in the frame propertie's audio at the same time? At present, I've been recording voices in Text Aloud, IE: Question, then Answer in two seperate files, and joining them into one file in my WAV editor. I'm not too sure just exactly how the FADE option works in here either. I used to use delays in Flags in my former Game Creators. Any hints on this would be most welcome.
Cheers, arienram. :)
arienram

Re: Upgrading your version of Adventure Maker

Postby mercedes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 am

Hi welcome to the forums..~!
I'm Mercedes..hopefully I can help you in the mean time..:D

is there any way of having the question and then the reply say for instance in the frame propertie's audio at the same time?

With the full version you could use coding to activate the sound, in the frame's properties or hotspot properties..

You would need to add this code; Global Procedures

Code: Select all
Sub PlaySound(FileName, Repeat)
  Action.LoadControl MediaPlayerObject(2)
  MediaPlayerObject(2).FileName = FileName
  If Repeat = True Then
    MediaPlayerObject(2).PlayCount = 0
  Else
    MediaPlayerObject(2).PlayCount = 1
  End If
  MediaPlayerObject(2).Play
End Sub
Sub StopSound()
  MediaPlayerObject(2).Stop
  MediaPlayerObject(2).FileName = ""
  Action.UnloadControl MediaPlayerObject(2)
End Sub

Then in the Frame's Properties or HS properties.. you could add this..;
This is assuming you have 2 files, 1-for the question and 1- for the answer. I gather this is what u were aiming for..but used a different method..by putting them in one file..?
If you separate them, you can use this code..~ Be sure to add the files in the EXTERNAL folder of your Project..~

PlaySound GetPath(2) + "QUESTION.mp3", False

Action.CreateTimedEvent 0.8, "Playsound GetPath(2) + ""ANSWER.MP3"" ,false"

Not sure if that will help or not...
If you need to stop the sound for any reason, you type;
StopSound

I've not tested this...so hopefully it works..:D
mercedes
VIP

Audio properties

Postby arienram » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Hello Mercedes, thanks for replying to my question re the audio possibilities. I will give your code a try. Having said that, I begin to realise that there is no eay way around this AM option. I admit that the coding aspect of the creator is my weak point, and the best I can do is collect gems like your code and add it to my reference folder. I want to say that I appreciate the help both you, and others like Mystery, and ShadowHunter have been kind enough to forward to me, and it's helping me to get the best out of AM. Meantime I'll get on with it, and probibly, as goes the saying from that well known movie, 'I'LL BE BACK!'
Cheers, arienram 8)
arienram

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion