full commercial version question

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

full commercial version question

Postby sgreco1970 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm

on the website, it says that the players will need to download and install adventure maker before being able to play our games. Is this also the case with the full commercial version? If im using this software as a development tool to make games for commercial sale, I would not want to stipulate my customers download the dev tool. Can an admin clear this up for me?
sgreco1970

Postby pennsteve » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:49 pm

If you have the full commercial version, they wont have to download AM to play your games, but they WILL have to download your game because it will be in exe format.

If you create a game in Ipod format, they can play it directly from a webpage, but you wont be able to use a lot of features when creating a game.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Hello, welcome to the forums.
As stated in the previous post and AM's documentation, Full versions, both commercial and non-commercial compile your project into executable binaries. So, you don't need to worry about your commercial project as long as you have purchased and properly registered a Full version for commercial use.

Still, you have to bear in mind the limitations of each version and the compatibility issues with Microsoft's newest OS, Windows 7.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion