Background color in full screen mode?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Background color in full screen mode?

Postby drdna » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 am

Hello all,

Simple question: I can't figure out how to change the background color in full screen mode. My new project is created at 1024x768 with solid white frames. However, the resolution of the system I'm running it on is 1680. So, when I test the frames or project, I get a white frame with a thick black border ( background ). I need the whole screen white so it matches the frame color.

How do I change the screen background color?

Craig
drdna

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am

change the resolution to 1024x768
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby drdna » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

The resolution is 1024x768. This is also the size I'm making the frames. The problem is that the monitor is 1680x1050, so when the frames load, there is black all around the frames. Changing the monitor resolution is not an option since they all are wide screens (1680x1050).

The only option I see is to re-create the entire thing from scratch using 1680x1050 size frames. I have over a year invested and over 900 frames and have to present this particular project in 4 months. It would seem that there would be an option to just change the background color in AM. I'm not talking about the frame background color, I'm talking about the color "outside" the frames.
drdna

Postby mercedes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm

You could try this..make sure u put the image in the External folder in your project properties..:) Or u could try to change the BackColor or BorderStyle....?

Code: Select all
BackgroundObject.Picture = LoadPicture(GetPath(2) & "/mypicture.jpg")

This helps change a background picture..not sure if that will work...take a look at this thread..might help..

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4810&highlight=backgroundobject
mercedes
VIP

Postby drdna » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 am

Sorry, that didn't work.

What that does is change the frame picture. BackColor does the same except changes the color. Outside the frame is still black.

Maybe I'm confusing folks. Imagine my monitor the size of a Cereal box (1680x1050), and my project is the size of a CD (1024x768). When I run the project, the CD is in the middle of the box, and what I see of the box on the outside is black. I need to change the color of the box (screen) to be the same color as the CD (frame). Sorry, that is not to scale but you get the idea I hope.

I figure that the lowest resolution nowadays is 1024x768 so this is the resolution of my project. But the standard seems to be larger, with 22"+ widescreen monitors around $100 or so (at least in my area). If I could only get the screen to fill with the same color as my frames, it would look cleaner and simulate a true full screen effect, instead of a black screen with my project running in a little box in the middle.
drdna

Postby reneuend » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 am

I believe AM is built where you can only affect what is within the frame. BUT, you should be able to fix your issue using a VB plugin; otherwise, GM might be able to help. He would know if there are any objects that will allow you to fix this area.

I'm waiting for Lyberodoggy to jump in on this. He usually has a very intelligent answer for these kinds of issues!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby drdna » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:40 am

I really appreciate the response. If I just knew where to look I would research it, but I don't know how AM looks at the area around the frame. Does it read it in as a background? Desktop? Border? Hmmmm. I know it's not the system desktop because I already tried adjusting that aspect. lol.

Surely there are others that would benefit from this. Unless everyone is ok with creating games and stuff in little boxes with the continuing growth of larger monitors and higher resolutions.

Anyway, I'll continue my project as is and hopefully someone will have a workable solution in the near future. Thanks again everyone for trying to help.

Craig
drdna

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion