Light & Darkness

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Light & Darkness

Postby Harvester » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi all,

Well, as you may have realised during the years I've spent here, I haven't ever finished one AM game in my life. I hope that will change sometime, but now this is about something else: a game I have actually finished, but which is not connected to AM.

Since I use Multimedia Fusion 2 and it's predecessors for quite a while and I found a competition on the web, I made a little a game. It's little, because the competition's rules were that the project may contain a maximum 4 frames and 20 condition lines per frame (I guess it doesn't say much if you don't know MMF, but you can be sure it's not many). Since the deadline is over, I exported it into an exe and here it is, you can download it if interested. Since I don't have a rapidshare premium account, I would be grateful if anybody could host it for a while.

http://www.wuttiggames.com/downloads/Li ... rkness.exe

Well, don't expect much from it :wink: At least you can see I made a game in my life :)

Harvester
Last edited by Harvester on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I think that the challenge to successfully download it from RapidShare as a free user is probably bigger than finishing the game :lol:

Trying since 10 minutes :P
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Thats one game more than I did :D
ShadowHunter

Postby Mystery » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

And despite of that, you are still more known than those who actually finish games :lol:

(Still trying to get hold of that .exe - they hate free users...)
Unfortunately right now our servers are overloaded and we have no more download slots left for non-members.

This is what I'm always getting, well I guess I'll try tomorrow again :)
Mystery

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Does it make a difference for non-premium members if they download it from a premium member or not premium member?

I have a premium account, but I dont think that there are any differents to download it from rapidshare if I upload it to my account
But I can download it and host it on my server if you want.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

I would

Postby Harvester » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

I would be grateful for some more downloader-friendly hosting, thanks :)
Well, if noone can get it from here I may try to find some other place for it.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby juhuwoorps » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm

I have uploaded the game to my webspace.
http://www.wuttiggames.com/downloads/LightandDarkness.exe
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Thanks

Postby Harvester » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it! Glad that now it's at an easy to reach place.
I also changed the link in my first message to yours.

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Anybody

Postby Harvester » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Anybody happened to try it out? I'm interested in all opnions, be it positive or negative.

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mystery » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Yup, I did :)

All over I think it's a nice puzzle game :) I personally liked the background music as well.

Two points that could be made better:
1. I haven't found any exit button. Somehow when I first wanted to play the 2-player mode started, and I couldn't get out of the game.
2. When in human vs. computer, the computer needs a lot of time to "think" towards the end of the game. First time it took 1 minute for the last possible choice, and the second time, it hasn't made its last step even after 2 minutes.
Although I have to say that both times I was winning - did you program the computer to hesitate as long as the player decided to quit? LOL, just kidding ;) Or is this just a Vista issue?

Here is the screenshot of my 2nd play. As far as I see there are only 2 possible choices, but now even after waiting 2 more minutes (4 minutes in total), the computer has still not decided. Or it doesn't want to let me win officially :lol:
And I can only exit using the Task Manager (ESC key doesn't work), or is there another way to exit? Maybe I didn't pay attention when using the text on the menu screen.

Mystery

Well

Postby Harvester » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Well, that's all because I had that 20 events limit and building in an exit button or some more clever ai would take up additional places :wink:
The AI -if I can call that intelligent- in brief works in a way so that the last tile that the computer made black shoots an invisible object in random directions every second, which if hits an empty tile makes it black :) Quite pathetic, I agree, but that was the best I could figure out in 20 events. So it takes nothing into consideration, and is not hard to win, especially in the secure spreading mode. In the other one it is possible to lose, you just have to wish for it strongly enough :D Thanks for playing!

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Well

Postby Mystery » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Harvester wrote:Well, that's all because I had that 20 events limit and building in an exit button or some more clever ai would take up additional places :wink:
The AI -if I can call that intelligent- in brief works in a way so that the last tile that the computer made black shoots an invisible object in random directions every second, which if hits an empty tile makes it black :) Quite pathetic, I agree, but that was the best I could figure out in 20 events. So it takes nothing into consideration, and is not hard to win, especially in the secure spreading mode. In the other one it is possible to lose, you just have to wish for it strongly enough :D Thanks for playing!

Harvester

Ah, okay I see why there is no exit button :) But now that you're "free", you could have added one :P
Hehe, plus it's possibe "not to win" if the computer doesn't make its last step :P :lol:

Well, I think that for the limitations that you had to live with, you've made quite a good puzzle game :D
Mystery

I hope

Postby Harvester » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm

I hope the judges of the competition will think so :)
There are way better games submitted, but well, who knows...
I didn't want to put more effort into this one after the contest, since I have more serious projects going on... even one game that will be definitely better than this. Just posted it here if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the nice words,

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to General Chat