Frame Merging...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Frame Merging...

Postby Netjera » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 am

I'm a bit confused by the "merge" feature. I thought it was a way to take two frames (A & B), and create a new frame (C) with elements of both, but after reading some of the tutorials, I'm not certain that's correct. It doesn't actually mix the frames and create a new one, does it?

Is it a way to make certain elements appear on multiple frames without having to draw them on all those frames? Sort of like... taking a piece of tracing paper and layering it over a background? I noticed that it's used in Candle's Scoring tutorial, and that you can have text appear on more than one frame in this way?

Thanks!
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Re: Frame Merging...

Postby Mystery » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Netjera wrote:
Is it a way to make certain elements appear on multiple frames without having to draw them on all those frames? Sort of like... taking a piece of tracing paper and layering it over a background?

Yes, exactly this - you can display elements on all frames that you have merged with it :)
It can for example be used to display a countdown if a game is timed, or to display game stats (like money, health etc.), or the frame names etc.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Netjera » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Awesome! So I can create UI graphic, stick it in a frame, and overlay it on all frames. *dances*
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby Mystery » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Yes, you can for example add graphical elements on the frame in hotspots, and these are then displayed on all frames that you merge with it :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Netjera » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 pm

That and the textboxes will make for some beautiful and easily constructed HUDs. :>
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion