chances of ipad support?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

chances of ipad support?

Postby sugawara » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:40 am

greetings! i know i never log in much but im trolling the forums every week just about from some location in japan lol. recently we moved to a new city so if your reading this renuend thats why i havent emailed lol :)

anyhow, like the subject says, what are the chances of getting full ipad support? for example being able to create a file that be put up on the appstore and given free or sold if you have the right license? it seems perfect for it now, the ipod touch/iphone wasnt fantastic for adventure games in my opinion and the ipads max res is 1024 x 768, one of or the highest supported res in the AM program without setting the res yourself!

so is there any hint of full on ipad support?
sugawara

Postby reneuend » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 am

Unfortunately, the best you would be able to do with the IPad at this time is browser-based games, which is very limited.

The best that could happen is a new version of AM being released using VB.Net. I think this would open a channel to full support of web-based games, not to mention full support of Window Operating systems.

I might be wrong, but just from my limited experience, this seems like the best way to go with AM.

If IPAD takes off, then there will be a Windows version that will follow suite, when that happens and depending the future of AM, you might get your wish with "WinPad"! :-)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion