Help needed BIG TIME!

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Help needed BIG TIME!

Postby DISRUPTOR » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:41 am

I have spent all day rendering out my frames for my project but when i set the interval for the next frame to 0.1 it is still too slow. I rendered the frames specific to be smooth yet it is all jerky and slow. How can I solve this?
DISRUPTOR

Postby mercedes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 am

Hm...I know when u first try it...it might appear that way..it does for all games..first time around...[Depends on machine too..]

However you could try some smaller time intervals..Try playing with.. 0.05 --?

Make sure you try it within the game..a couple of times..while in testing mode..go back and forth a few times..see if its improved..but try and do the smaller intervals..Hope it works for ya..!~:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby DISRUPTOR » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Isn't 0.01 the smallest interval though?
DISRUPTOR

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Can you explain what you want to do? Why do you need such a fast frame changing?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:59 pm

DISRUPTOR wrote:Isn't 0.01 the smallest interval though?

Hi there!~:)

It is indeed smaller than what u had it set too, you had it set too 0.1..Note the extra zero..:)

...but when i set the interval for the next frame to 0.1 it is still too slow......
mercedes
VIP

Postby DISRUPTOR » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 am

It is still to slow :(
juhuwoorps I need it fast because it is a video sequence that changes it's events. You have a demon jump at the screen and attack it, But if you click the demon fast enough during the attack the player will shoot the demon and it plays the dying animation instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCQKyVF7nM
There is a video that might help explain things
DISRUPTOR

Postby mercedes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:26 am

DISRUPTOR wrote:It is still to slow :(
juhuwoorps I need it fast because it is a video sequence that changes it's events. You have a demon jump at the screen and attack it, But if you click the demon fast enough during the attack the player will shoot the demon and it plays the dying animation instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCQKyVF7nM
There is a video that might help explain things

Are u saying u don't want the player to click it too fast...

The other animation[Dying]--It plays too quickly when they click the Devil one...?

So can this be a matter of the player not being able to click the animation...just yet?
mercedes
VIP

Postby DISRUPTOR » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 am

I mean i want to speed the whole thing up. As it is all done with single frame images when you play the game they all come together to make the animation. Only it looks like it's in semi slow-mo. This is good for later as i wanted a slow-mo feature in there but for now it has to be fast paced.
DISRUPTOR

Postby mercedes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:38 am

DISRUPTOR wrote:I mean i want to speed the whole thing up. As it is all done with single frame images when you play the game they all come together to make the animation. Only it looks like it's in semi slow-mo. This is good for later as i wanted a slow-mo feature in there but for now it has to be fast paced.

Ok...Let me see if i understand this...

From what i understand---u are using frames..in AM...to make it look like an animation...or a video.. frames made up of images..and are using the created time events to play each frame.....to play the animation..

Am i understanding this correctly..>?

I did that once in one of my games..which is why i ask..I created timed events to play each frame..[so it looked like a video..]
But u cant do it with alot of frames..and each has to be set with different intervals..
mercedes
VIP

Postby DISRUPTOR » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 am

Ahhh See this is what i want. I want to make a shooting game.
DISRUPTOR

Postby mercedes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 am

DISRUPTOR wrote:Ahhh See this is what i want. I want to make a shooting game.

Ok, so if that is what u are doing then..you have to realize it's not going to look like an animation/video--a seamless one--If the images are far apart from each other in appearance..For instance;

A bird flying..If u make an image of a bird at one place in the sky..then another..a bit further...bit further..bit further..So say 4-5..Once u play that in AM using frames--it will appear jerky..and slow..

When in reality..if u had made an animation or video of it...It would require almost 25 frames..if not more..to make it go smoothly..I had one of a bird flying in a circle..and it took 120 images to make it appear smoothly..seamless..[An animation]

Here are a few things to consider;

How many frames are u using..>?
How far apart are they from each other in appearance..So is he laying down--- to getting up..in only 4-5 movements..?
What type of images are u using..JPG'S or BMP's
How large are they..in mb's..
Are the images the exact size? frame wise and image wise..

You may want to try it with an alphablend..[So it appears time has passed..[In other words work with the time..] so u don't have to make more images..
Or you could try, to;
Put images in windows movie maker..and make a video of it..Have the video play..then once the video is done..Have user interact
Or;
You may have to make more images..so it appears less jerky..making the images alot closer in appearance..

When I did it..I had used 4- 5 images
..They were of a room..You could see each view of the room..side view, front, close up...back to the other side, back to front..
The images were far enough from each other in appearance..that it worked..more or less..I wanted it to appear more like a video than an animation...and I think I used an alphablend-[not sure..can't remember]....I wanted it to appear normal..not to slow or fast...

I have used timed events..with 0.01 and it went fast...The only thing i can think of is the actual images aren't close enough in appearance..that it's appearing jerky..

Try using that amount of a timed event.. 0.01 with a regular frame..[Not pertaining to these images]..It should go by pretty fast..

This is of course assuming u are doing what I had done in a previous game..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Coleman-Games » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 pm

I used 0.001 in one of my games. You could use 0.000001 if you wanted to, but that would probably be WAY too fast. I hope this helps.
Coleman-Games

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion