Camera, photo taking mode sugestion, idea

This forum is meant for announcing new plugins, downloading other people's plugins, posting questions, etc.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby Mr.C » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:17 am

I think it would be really great to have a plugin were the player is able to stroke a key or hotspot to actavate camera mode, in which they can take photos of anything while facing any direction in cubic panoramas. Users can use this plugin with in different types of games like crime and mystery etc...Saving and deleting pictures would be nice too, zooming? I don't know? This plugin would be appreatated, thanks
Mr.C

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:39 pm

The funny thing is that I 've been thinking about that yesterday.
Months ago, while working on the interface and gameplay concepts for the "Breath" project, I was trying to create that effect.
I used a custom bitmap cursor with ShadowHunter's Keyguard and then tried take a screenshot using the screenshot technique described in AM's manual. Then I discovered that although you can resize the picturebox object and moving it doesn't generate an error, it can't be moved and remains anchored on (0,0) which is the upper left corner.
So I doubt that using no OCX you can actually take a snapshot of a part of the screen.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Mr.C » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 pm

That's intresting, I never thought of looking at the AM manual, not sure where it is--well for a few years now, I've always wanted to make a game were you'er an outdoors photographer for a magazine that's about wild life and the places they live in. Cubic panoramas would be best for this.
Mr.C

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 pm

go to adventuremaker.com/help.htm for the manual
as for the cubic panorama thingy, I think it's not possible because it utilizes a pictureboxobject to project the cube.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Mr.C » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Okay, well, I sort of understand that, but a litte explanation will help--um I was just wondering if anyone would be able to make a plugin or somthing so I can take snapshots in panoramas
I think it's not possible because it utilizes a pictureboxobject to project the cube.
It would be usefull in my game. I hope for the best! :)
Mr.C

Return to The Plugins Corner