is it possible to make a life meter?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

is it possible to make a life meter?

Postby Raymond13557 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm making a fpv horror game based on the fear of being alone in a unfamiliar place. and i am adding a special element.. should your character get too scared he'll lose some of his life (stamina in my game) or if he gets hurt by a ghost or something.. something like shivers 2 if you ever played it.
so my question is how would i make a life meter in the game?

and to answer your question to heal your character in the game if he stands still and don't move he'll recover 3 stamina per second or if he drinks some water or beverages or food he'll recover faster.

i'll figure the healing part on my own, lol.
R.
Raymond13557

Postby Mystery » Wed May 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forums Raymond13557 :)

Creating Heath Stats (health variable) is very similar to creating Money Stats (money variable):
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5612

Healing e.g. when drinking a potion would just increase that value of the health variable.

If you wish to use the "healing per second" as well, you might need to use a counter, but to be honest I have no idea how you'd detect that the character stands still for a certain amount of seconds, so I can't help with that.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

thank you :D

Postby Raymond13557 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:06 pm

thanks fer the info, and i worked on rpgs making a fpv game shouldnt be any different just more.. numbery, lol and i hope you lot will like the game i am basing it on two major factors:
1. if you lose all stamina you do not die, you just get KO'd.. in which a dream state takes over while your sawing logs to recover your stamina (You'll wake up in a weakened state like around 50% stamina)
2. in the dream state you can see past events and special messages written on the walls.. i wont give away the suprise of finding them hehe.
R.
Raymond13557

as for healing per second

Postby Raymond13557 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm

it's quite a chore to be honest i remember in that game shivers 2 you heal over time but after like 3 minutes of standing still so my guess is to make a detection code of the player not moving or clicking anything might work but even then it could go up in smoke. heh heh. i'll just use what you posted for me :)
R.
Raymond13557

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 am

Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion