License for After School Program

You can post here your up coming educational games.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

License for After School Program

Postby roane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 pm

I work with a small educational service provider that contracts to school districts to provide after school programs. I'm not clear about the licensing requirements for using Adventure Maker in that environment, though. Since we'll be teaching the kids to make games using the software, can we use the free edition license? The only potential pitfall I can see is that we're a small business contracting with the district, so could run afoul of the commercial use provision, even though we're not making games for commercial distribution.

Any thoughts?
roane

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forums roane :)

I'm going to point GM-Support (creator of Adventure Maker) to your question for this special case.
Please be patient, you'll hear back from either him or me as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest in using Adventure Maker in an educational environment :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby roane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks!
roane

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 pm

I have received a reply from GM-Support, and his answer is that the Free Edition of Adventure Maker may be used for the purpose described by you in the first post :)

roane wrote:I work with a small educational service provider that contracts to school districts to provide after school programs. I'm not clear about the licensing requirements for using Adventure Maker in that environment, though. Since we'll be teaching the kids to make games using the software, can we use the free edition license? The only potential pitfall I can see is that we're a small business contracting with the district, so could run afoul of the commercial use provision, even though we're not making games for commercial distribution.
Mystery

Postby roane » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 am

Yay! Thank you! Our students will be thrilled. We'll make sure to post some of the games they make.
roane

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 am

Yes, that would be really great if you posted some of the games that the students create, and maybe also share your experiences if you like :)

And in case any questions arise, feel free to ask on the forums :)
Mystery

Return to Educational Games