The Black Wish Cemetery

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 am

No Problem. I needed to fix it anyway! :-)

As I didn't take the time to test the executable, please let me know if you have issues with it!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 am

Hi guys. I wrote some months ago in the Black Wish Cemetery homepage about a bug. Ok, so I finally solved the problem. And I decided to create some new challenges for the game so now the Black Wish Cemetery is bigger and better. And the graphics are soo much better now. Check the photos
Attachments
CemitérioPromo.jpg
CemitérioPromo.jpg (94.69 KiB) Viewed 15126 times
Last edited by Dalton on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:13 am

And here is the new part. :D
Attachments
Cemitériopromo2.jpg
Cemitériopromo2.jpg (100.04 KiB) Viewed 15125 times
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Reneuend. I asked you by e-mail to post the link to download the game only when the new version will be finished. :)
I?m changing some things because most of people said the game is too short, so now I?m creating 5 new places to interact.

reneuend wrote:I had switched over to a new domain about the time the game was released. I'll check the link from my website and make sure it is stll active..I'll report back when its been done.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 am

At my age, things tend to escape me! :?

I'll replace the link with a message. Sorry Dalton!

By the way, your updated images look very nice.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 am

Ok, so now I have a question:
The ideia is the gamer will use an object A in a hotspot 1 to create an event (I can?t tell what it is because is one of the puzzles). After using the object A, the player will have to change to an another frame (the third) to get an object B (the result from the FIRST event). He will click in the hotspot 2 and he will go to second frame. Then he will click in the other hotspot and he will go the the third frame. Ok, so in this new frame there?s a hotspot (let's say this hotspot is number 4). The gamer will click and the last object will be there to be include in the inventory. Ok, but the problem is: this hotspot should be available only if the gamer uses the object A in the hotspot 1. I would like to know how do I block the hotspot 4 because if I don?t block this hotspot, the gamer will get the last object without using the Object A.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:09 am

There are a few ways that you can do this. AM's method for building a custom menu uses 2 hotspots stacked on each other. The top one doesn't allow the one underneath to work unless it is removed first. You would do this based on a condition: either by using AM's variable "switch" settings or by coding it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 pm

That?s ok, don?t worrie (that?s why I inserted the :) in the end at the message).
About the uptaded images, I think I finally gave the right look to the game. Thanks for the compliments :D

I?ll try to use variables to configure the puzzle.

Regards

Dalton

reneuend wrote:At my age, things tend to escape me! :?

I'll replace the link with a message. Sorry Dalton!

By the way, your updated images look very nice.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am

Is there a video teaching this?

reneuend wrote:There are a few ways that you can do this. AM's method for building a custom menu uses 2 hotspots stacked on each other. The top one doesn't allow the one underneath to work unless it is removed first. You would do this based on a condition: either by using AM's variable "switch" settings or by coding it.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 am

Dalton wrote:... I would like to know how do I block the hotspot 4 because if I don?t block this hotspot, the gamer will get the last object without using the Object A.

When the player clicks on hotspot 4, you will use code to check if a variable is set that will tell you if Object A had been used yet or not.

nObjectA_Used = 0 'user hasn't used object A yet

if nObjectA_Used = 1 then
'Object A used...so allow hotspot 4 to work
else
'Object A not used yet, don't do anything with hotspot 4
end if

If you need more details, PM me and I'll build an example.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Ok, got a question: the nObjectA_use is the the objectA? Do I have to write the name including the extension?

reneuend wrote:
Dalton wrote:... I would like to know how do I block the hotspot 4 because if I don?t block this hotspot, the gamer will get the last object without using the Object A.

When the player clicks on hotspot 4, you will use code to check if a variable is set that will tell you if Object A had been used yet or not.

nObjectA_Used = 0 'user hasn't used object A yet

if nObjectA_Used = 1 then
'Object A used...so allow hotspot 4 to work
else
'Object A not used yet, don't do anything with hotspot 4
end if

If you need more details, PM me and I'll build an example.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I wrote this:

nSmall Rocks_Used = 0 'user hasn't used Small Rocks yet

if nSmall Rocks_Used = 1 then
'Small Rocks used...so allow hotspot 2 to work
else
'Small Rocks not used yet, don't do anything with hotspot 2
end if

I changed the hotspot 4 to 2 because there?s only 2 hotspots in the frame and the hotspot 2 leads to the last frame with the object to get.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:13 pm

I solved this problem, using the variables. :D
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Great job, Dalton! There is nothing better then getting something to work after a struggle! :-)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:06 am

New renders look good! :)

I'll have to give it another go! ;)

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeah. Now I?m creating some "small events" in the game because there?s some events in the game that should be explained better. Now the game has the size of 230 mb (!).

reneuend wrote:Great job, Dalton! There is nothing better then getting something to work after a struggle! :-)
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 pm

ZeornWarlock wrote:New renders look good! :)

I'll have to give it another go! ;)

ZW.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi everybody. Ok, the game is almost finished. I already did a trailer showing the new places and the new graphics. It?s on youtube.
Here?s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-kxfDfn4_o
Dalton
Expert Member

Trailer

Postby Harvester » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 pm

The trailer looks really awesome, and the choice of music is also very good! It brings to my mind the atmosphere of classical horror adventures which I love. I'm looking forward to see the complete version of the game. One of the most promising projects I've seen for AM -with a very high chance of crossing a finish line. Keep up the good work!

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Trailer

Postby Dalton » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Thanks Harvester :D
The game is almost finished. Just waiting Lybero insert the new sound effects and then I will search for beta testers. :D

Harvester wrote:The trailer looks really awesome, and the choice of music is also very good! It brings to my mind the atmosphere of classical horror adventures which I love. I'm looking forward to see the complete version of the game. One of the most promising projects I've seen for AM -with a very high chance of crossing a finish line. Keep up the good work!

Harvester
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 am

Great to see your project finishing. I'm going to add the youtube trailer to my site if that's ok.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:38 am

Ok, it will be great to the project :D

reneuend wrote:Great to see your project finishing. I'm going to add the youtube trailer to my site if that's ok.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby fanlynne » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 am

I am lynne,i am new here,hope to learn more fron you,from this forum....
fanlynne
Banned Members

Postby mercedes » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Is this game..fully complete now...? I'd like to try it...:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Of course, Dalton will have to answer this. I tested it and it works fine on XP. What I found is on Windows 7, when you click on a cut scene video, it may cause an error. One solution would be to deactivate the mouse during the video, but no one has been able to do this that I'm aware of.

I thought Dalton was going to release it with this caveat, but I guess not. :-(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:36 am

Hi Reneuend. Well, I don?t know how long will be to create a plugin to solve this error, so I think it will be a good idea realese this game with this bug, but with an info about how avoid it. What you think?

reneuend wrote:Of course, Dalton will have to answer this. I tested it and it works fine on XP. What I found is on Windows 7, when you click on a cut scene video, it may cause an error. One solution would be to deactivate the mouse during the video, but no one has been able to do this that I'm aware of.

I thought Dalton was going to release it with this caveat, but I guess not. :-(
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:30 am

It's a great game. I hate to see it sit around any longer. I'm already looking forward to the sequel! :-)

Give me 1 week to look at it again. I've been sick the past couple weeks and just haven't been getting anything accomplished. I'll PM you with some of my thoughts.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:19 am

when you click on a cut scene video, it may cause an error. One solution would be to deactivate the mouse during the video, but no one has been able to do this that I'm aware of.

I know you can't disable the mouse outside the area of the frame..itself..You can disable it within the frame though right...?

Are you talking about...just Windows 7-- or...when video is playing..or both..?

What about Limited mouse movements.---keep mouse out of the video area--only..]...or disable the mouse..with a hotspot..just before the video starts to play type thing...?

Would that be an option...?..I guess at this point..wondering if its just Windows7 you're talking about..:P
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

It was only occurring in Windows 7 on a full screen video. I tried to disable the mouse, but with no luck. There is one other thing I want to try before I give up on it though.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 am

Hi Reneuend
I understand. Health is something we must care about it. PM me with some of your thoughts.

reneuend wrote:It's a great game. I hate to see it sit around any longer. I'm already looking forward to the sequel! :-)

Give me 1 week to look at it again. I've been sick the past couple weeks and just haven't been getting anything accomplished. I'll PM you with some of my thoughts.
Dalton
Expert Member

PreviousNext

Return to New Games Announcements