videos in AM

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

ban vuvuzelas

Poll ended at Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 am

y
100%
n
No votes
make them mandatory for all public or private gatherings of more than 3 people!
No votes

Total votes : 3

videos in AM

Postby WEMBLEYWACKER » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:29 am

hi. im allready to make adventures but I have one question:

what is the best way to make 2d animation for AM? I want to make fairly simple animations like fire or running water which I think could be done with animated gifs.

also I might want to do some animation that shows things happening when you slove a puzzle, like a statue might raise its arm or a chandelier might fall?

also, I would like to make short movies with transitions and a little image manipulation, special effects would be a plus.

can someone please recommend a preferably free program for 2d animation that would work with AM. I do have photoshop cs3, not sure if that is good. I will be using hand drawn animation frames. Thanks!!! :D :D :D :D :D
WEMBLEYWACKER

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello WW,
What you need is two plugins. Either of them or both can help you create the effect you want.
The first one is called Animation Maker and the second one is Particle+
You will find them in the plugins section of the forum.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4868 - a plugin pack containing Animation Maker
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4682 - Particle Plus
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby WEMBLEYWACKER » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

thanks.
unfortunately I have only the free version right now so no plugins. I might buy the full version, but are there any other good options you know?
WEMBLEYWACKER

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:42 pm

You can evaluate the full version but there will be some limitations. They are described in the manual, but the point is that you can't create distribution packs with the full version feats and you can't create projects that have more than 30 frames (30 or 50 I can't really remember)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby WEMBLEYWACKER » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 am

ok thanks. I have tested them out, I think they will be just what I need. Many thanks to you , juhuworps, and shadowhunter! and I can use jpegs!! :D :D :D :D

I have one question:

Is it possible to make Animation Maker display animations without clicking on a hotspot? So they just load when the frame appears?
WEMBLEYWACKER

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 am

Yes you can start an animation at the frame properties
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby WEMBLEYWACKER » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 am

oh ok. thanks again!!
WEMBLEYWACKER

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion