collaboration

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

collaboration

Postby roomescapee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi, I'm an artist/graphic designer interested in finding someone to help me create a room escape game. I am working in a 2D style with a feel sort of like submachine only a little more realistic. So far, I have created the inventory interface, about half of the inventory items, the first frame, and the basic layout, as well as half the art for 5 more frames. All the files were created in Adobe Illustrator on a Mac. I have a semi-developed story line and ideas for some puzzles. I only have the free version of AM at this time.
roomescapee

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:01 am

I might be able to help out with music possibly.
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

thanks

Postby roomescapee » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 am

Hi Chromegloss,

Thank you very much for your might possibly offer. After 33 views and only one reply I have to think either:

1] most people using adventure maker aren't interested in collaborating or

2] they aren't interested in collaborating on a room escape type game...

since you are a forum master you probably have a pretty good feel for the general attitude of the members - what do you think?

RE
roomescapee

Postby reneuend » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 pm

tried it a couple times with no success. I've come to the conclusion that the only possible way of making this successful is (1) clear roles, (2) a complete and well-defined requirements including the story, puzzles, storyboard, etc. and (3) MOST IMPORTANT: a time-line.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm always looking for a work together project, but I want to be the leader! :)

Your idea sounds interresting, but your 2D idea is not my way to make games. If you you search for 3D artist I#m your man.
Also to make puzzles with just the free version of AM semms to me like you say:" hey I have a free version.I'm searching for someone with full version who can compile aa game".

Also it would be more helpful if you post some of your work so that the people around here can see if its worth to spend time in your project.

greetings juhu
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

I cannnot assess the attitudes of every other member here heh. :)

I can speak for myself when I say I will invest my time in a project if it shows some promise and it looks like my time won't be wasted.

I myself don't spend a LOT of time on the forums, but I do quietly work away on projects in the background. I'm currently doing the music for two games that Dalton is working on for example, and working on a new plugin.

My advice would be to post some of your work as suggested above.
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby vertexx » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:37 am

Reneuend is quite right in his/her comments.

As someone who does pro graphics for many organisations, I find that communication is the thing most overlooked.

Offering one's service and skills for nix is often greeted with enthusiasm but as the days roll by no more words are heard.

Offering one's services for free does not help at all and it's not always the fault of the giver.
]Most times, so I've found, it's the takers and askers that are at fault.
Yes, a timetable is essential but so is common politeness and a willingness to communicate and keep things moving.
Thirty days hath September
April, June and no wonder.
All the rest are strawberry jam..
..except for my grandmother
and she rides a bicycle!
vertexx

Postby Vengeance66 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 pm

I can be of any help... :) Just send private message if you like and I can help you with AM and we can work together for some games ;)[/code]
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby vertexx » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 am

Thanks Vengeance for your offer..
Great :D
Thirty days hath September
April, June and no wonder.
All the rest are strawberry jam..
..except for my grandmother
and she rides a bicycle!
vertexx

Return to Working Together