I'm back

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I'm back

Postby Kat12 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi All,
I'm back, and hopefully I'll be more active on the boards than I have been.

My Mom had cancer last year, and again this spring, but thankfully she beat both cancers (throat and bladder) and is doing well. She and my Dad are going to Vegas next week, to celebrate. Two sets of aunts and uncles are going with them, so they're going to have a blast.

I decided that I want to publish at least one of my books while my parents are still around, so I started my own independent publishing company and self published one of my books. It's been a real learning experience, that's for sure. I'm glad I'm only working on my own book for now...that way, I'm the only one paying for my mistakes (like not learning that I need to market the book 6 months in advance to publishing until after publishing, lol).

I would like to make a simple, free game for kids to play, using AM, and I'm wondering if I can use Daz studio for free games. I know we can't use it for commercial games (unless we pay for the new, commercial models). I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about using Daz/Bryce for noncommercial games? I'll have to post on the Daz forums too. At the moment, I'm at a loss as to what the game would be about...my brain feels drained, lol.
I just want to put something on my website as bonus contest.
I already have an "illustrated" (using DAZ) first chapter posted as bonus content, and I made a book trailer, using Daz.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.
I missed you all!
I'm looking forward to catching up on all of your games, tutorials, and projects.

take care,
Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby Imari » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 am

There is no need to purchase the developer versions of the DAZ and Poser items for use in your AM projects. 2D renders of the Daz/Poser items are fine. The developer versions are only needed if you plan on redistributing the meshes as you might in a 3D game.
Imari
VIP

Postby Kat12 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:35 am

Imari, thank you so much for letting me know. I'm so glad that I'll be able to use my renders.
Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Kat,

I haven't been around much due to other obligations like work, family...but it's nice to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better.

If you need any help with coding your game, let me know!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Kat12 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Reneuend,
I'm glad to be back; I missed all of you. People here are so nice.

Are the kids back in school now? They are here, in Canada. All of my friends who are parents are relieved, lol.

Thanks for the offer to help code. I have to think of a story line for the game. I want it to be an escape the room type game, but based on my book. It will be for kids 8-12 years old, so I don't want to make it too difficult.

I'm so glad that I'll be able to use Daz studio, as I already used it to "illustrate" my first chapter and offer it as bonus content...I'll be able to use some of the same scenes in the game. It will be a first person game, and I want to use some of the Daz characters, along with crazy talk, for the kids to talk to the characters and get clues from. They wouldn't be manipulating the characters, just asking questions, so I hope that will be allowed.

I'm excited about it anyway, lol. I do have some ideas...just have to put them down.

Well, take care!
Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Good luck

Postby Harvester » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Good luck with your project! Eventhough I'm no child any more (the biggest pity in my life... :) ), I'd be willing to see it and play it! I'm sure you have some great ideas for it.

Best wishes,

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Kat12 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks, Harvester.
I've been playing with ideas all day; working on a story board.
Take care,
Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 am

Kat12 wrote:...for kids 8-12 years old...

If you would like, I have a couple 12 year olds that could help test when it gets to that point!

Don't worry about ideas you think might not be possible. If its not, there are always alternatives that may be close to what you want.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Kat12 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:14 am

Thanks, Reneuend; I'll let you know when I'm at the testing portion.
I'm going to have fun with this.
Take care,
Kat
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Return to General Chat