been away for a long time

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

been away for a long time

Postby auxlen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I made a game a few years back but due to bad luck all my hard work was lost (don't ask) and so after a long mourning period i have returned to fight another day and want to get stuck in.
I'm most interested in the scripting side of things...the hobby that never quits..so if people could point me in the right direction (no experience whatsoever, well except for am) for learning scripts for am (vbscript?) as a lot of link to tuts on here are dead. I am prepared to spend many months learning...a hobby is only worth it if the journey is long.
auxlen

Postby vertexx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 am

I really wish you the best of luck :)

But it looks as if this group/Forum is sadly fading away.

..And just after I joined as well !!

:(
Thirty days hath September
April, June and no wonder.
All the rest are strawberry jam..
..except for my grandmother
and she rides a bicycle!
vertexx

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 am

You're right. It seems that this forum is going to death! Sad but true! :(

@auxlen: It would be easier if you give some ideas of what you searching for.
Scripting has a big range, so it would be helpful to know where to start.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby auxlen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:28 pm

@juhuwoorps; i was looking to basically get into anything that would enable me to progress with am. I need to ensure i am choosing the correct language to investigate (is vbscript the same as visual basic?)
also i ask because the chromegloss's
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3317 - Very good- 5 stars!- Visual Basic Techniques is a dead link.
auxlen

Hopefully

Postby Harvester » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Hopefully somebody will have a copy of it then and will show up. By the way, AM forums has always had it's up and downs... the lack of Win7 support actually brings a quite deep 'down' for AM, but I don't think the community would fade away: there are new games introduced from time to time, and some of them are even created :lol: Well, good luck with finding scripting help, there are quite a few members here who could eventually help you out.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:07 am

I think the fact that there isn't Windows 7 support, and it appears there isn't going to be, is why this forum is stagnant. I've been looking at other alternatives and will probably only wait until the first of next year before I decide on my next move.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 pm

I think as you, reneuend. The support for win 7 is vital and if AM does not offer this support we have to think about changing.
I'm trying Wintermute, it seems a good alternative.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby JasonMc » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:13 am

Hey all, I wanted to let you know that I switched my work to Visual Basic Express 2010. It is far easier than one might think (especially if you have an understanding of vbscript,) and the results are amazing! Not to mention, you can build for literally any version of Windows, including their mobile devices.

Visual Basic Express 2010 is free. The only difference between that and the expensive pro version is the templates available.

If anyone is interested, check out James Foxall's "Teach Yourself Visual Basic in 24 Hours." Excellent course. I now know all the basics, and the rest I am learning through experimentation, help documentation, and a visual basic programmer's forum.
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion