Help making a realistic games

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Help making a realistic games

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Making this brief, I hate making graphics for my games because the more frames I make the more likely I get bored an start to rush my artwork.

However I'm great at coming up with storylines. I'd just thought to say anyone who's great at making graphics I was wondering if you'd like to use my ideas for your adventure game. This is directed at anyone who's interested...

I can make graphics myself I was just suggesting some help.

Here's a storyline sample (if you don't care don't waste your time reading)

------

Long ago, in the 18th centry, on the third month of the second day, an ancient astologist named Methuselah studied the gallaxies and made an astonishing conclusion.. He kept most of his studies to himself, for most information he comprehended was quite a distubing. In fact it was so disturbing that those who secretly had stolen papers of his research never said a word ever again, others had killed themselves.

Methuselah himself was enormously and constanly grieved by his own knowledge. He hardly ever had a decent night's sleep, for the toughts of his discoveries had given him so many fears of what was to become of the universe, every night of nightmare after nightmare.

..but what was it about Methuselah that made him so intellectual? How could he understand something so horrifying? What, in fact, was so dreadful of his research??

Methuselah had made a device that was known as the "Sacred". The Sacred had the power to bring this entire universe to an end as we know it, little did Methuselah know.. How was the Scared created? No one could even recognize what the Sacred was made of material-wise. It was built up of shapes and mechanics that your average human could not comprehend or even imagine a simple visual of it.

Why was the Sacred created? Methuselah knew, and only he did, for no one could understand even if he were to tell them. Some people called Methuselah their "God" because of his immence intellect. He misteriously rejected their worship and took no pleasure nor pride in it. He was discusted with it. "How could anyone worship such a misserable beast?" he said to himself at the pressence of their never ending praise.

Methusalah created an entire planet with the Sacred. The Sacred became arrogant and took Methuselah's life. Now the Sacred is roming the universe in depression, for it was feeling infinate guilt after destroying his creator and master. Death is inevitable. Not even the Sacred could raise Methuselah from the dead.

Now the Sacred is casting spells on the land of "Arkanazura", that is, the planet Methuselah had created before meeting his end. The Sacred is trying to collapse our world on earth and Arkananzura into ~~didn't mean to swear~~'s ever burning abyss of torture!

------

Get ready, here's where the game begins ;-)

keep in mind that I have just bought adventure maker's full version and commercial rights. This Game is gonna be EPIC, and not an easy project.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
TKG
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:55 pm

It will be interesting to watch you make this game. Please keep us updated and if possible include some of the artwork. If you need any help with coding a particular puzzle, I and I'm sure others would love to help!

Best of luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 am

Here's the title screen. I've made alot of other stuff but I want most of it to be a suprise once finally released..
Attachments
title sceen.PNG
title sceen.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3978 times
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Looks

Postby Harvester » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:16 am

It sounds and looks fantastic! Good luck with your game, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

BETA DEMO

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

^Thanks!

Here's a beta demo to give you all a BASIC idea of what the game will be like. Very unfinished, but I'm posting this for opinions and critiques on it.

Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17716293/Arkan ... Demo1.zip/

Note: Once you get outside of the small building in-game, there's pretty much nothing else left to do.

TKG
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:49 am

I got an error with Windows 7 during the load, but I ignored it. Then I got an error about a missing video file at the beginning, but was able to go on, even though there wasn't any sound. There isn't much to look at yet, but it's coming along!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:22 am

KeyGuard 180 Panorama (scripting)

Use the left and right arrow keys to navigate the panorama, like you would with the cursor.

Just a new idea I thought to share. The AM project download below is gonna be used in my Arkane game, as well as a general example:

http://members.cox.net/time-killer-game ... (scripting).zip
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion